Thread: Pollen

Post Thanks / Like
    Wondering how everyone is dealing with the heavy pollen issues. Seems to be pointless to even try and keep a car clean during this. Any tips on doing so?

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR washes frequently is about the only thing that helps. Make sure you are using a dry QD and LSP, anything with oils makes it much worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been washing with ONR once or twice a day during this horrible pollen season. It`s a pain but you need to keep this stuff off your car. Let it sit too long and it sticks and can take some good rubbing to get it off, not good, especially when it gets wet and then the sun bakes it. Try to get the slickest LSP on your car that you can find to help with the sticking and ONR often.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetails
    I`ve been washing with ONR once or twice a day during this horrible pollen season. It`s a pain but you need to keep this stuff off your car. Let it sit too long and it sticks and can take some good rubbing to get it off, not good, especially when it gets wet and then the sun bakes it. Try to get the slickest LSP on your car that you can find to help with the sticking and ONR often.
    I used to live in CT but don`t remeber pollen season being this late. Perhaps I`m getting old. In the atlanta area, pollen season is in march. It was REALLY bad here. Like a green blanket keeping your car warm. :Cry:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in northeast PA. Still getting pollen, car covered in a green blanket within 1 day. Then the rain/sun hits it...plus it was in the 90`s already, the sun really bakes it in... I guess I`m going to try "ONR" after figuring out what it was lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few images of what we are dealing with. These pollen grains are hard and harmful to both your paint and many people`s allergies. I hate it when my cars turn yellow-green in the spring pollen months.

You let this pollen remain on your car and someone brushes up against the paint you`ll have instant swirls. Once they dry on a wet car (dew) they can be pretty hard to remove without marring the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pollen seems to wash right off of my FK1000P even when I let it get rained on/baked in the sun and don`t wash for non-Autopian periods of time. Never had any problems with it when I used (heavily layered) KSG either. I can`t quite neglect my waxed/UPPed vehicles that way without needing a really strong wash, but with the right LSP is seems like a non-issue for me. Bet it wouldn`t be a problem with OptiCoat either.

Thread Information