Post Thanks / Like
    What are some recommended ways of cleaning textured plastic and textured bumper surfaces?

I`ve got a GT500 rear bumper that has the black textured surfaces, but is actually part of the thermoplastic bumper. It is similar to the plastic trim pieces Ford uses on the front bumper.

Can I just use Zaino Z-2 or AIO for protection, and WD40 for cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like
    metroplex- I generally recommend people use something like KAIO to clean it and then use a trim-friendly LSP such as KSG, Collinite 845. I suspect your Z2 would work OK, but I do *NOT* like ZAIO on exterior plastics.

While I almost *always* let my products dry (even waxes you`re supposed to wipe off before then), I do prefer a wipe-on-wipe-off approach when using products like this on textured black plastic. Don`t let the product dry or you`ll have a big hassle getting it out of the texture, even "clean" products that "shouldn`t be a problem".

Or you can use Ultima`s trim sealant (forget the exact name..."trim guard plus" or something like that"), wich is working well on a few of my vehicles` black plastic. I usually clean the plastic (and rubber too) with Griot`s Rubber Prep before applying the Ultima.

For routine upkeep I like ValuGard`s Fast Finish, sorta surprised me how much I like it for that...much better than my other "leaves stuff behind" QDs. You could probably even just use the Fast Finish all by itself and do OK, but you`d have to redo it at every wash and I kinda wonder how much protection it offers. Actually, I`m using that approach on some black plastic bits on my wife`s A8, and so far it`s working fine. Quick and easy, looks good.

As you can see, I`m using a bunch of different approaches on this kind of trim, and all of `em are working OK. Sorta subtle diffs between them make one better/not for each application, but that`s really splitting hairs.

Thread Information