Post Thanks / Like
    So I detailed a car today(friends mom)and all was good. Well she had a lot of stains she wanted to remove but I told her I didn`t have a extractor, told her I`ll try by hand but no promises. Well the floor matts came out good but I did a few seats with APC and a shop vac. I told her it could possibly come out spotty(like water stains)and for her to call me. Told her I`d fix it within a month if she was not satisfied.

Well I only have $130 to spend this moment and will have about 300 or 400 in 2 weeks. But on autogeek I only saw a extractor for $700+, and I can`t afford that. Whats the best solution for under $400? I was thinking a walmart steam cleaner for around 100 and retuning it but I`m not sure if that would work. If it comes to the worst I guess I`ll have to rent one from Publix or something...

So for under 400 what should I buy? I know there must be extractors that are not in the $700+ range

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apoirier594
    Well I only have $130 to spend this moment and will have about 300 or 400 in 2 weeks. But on autogeek I only saw a extractor for $700+, and I can`t afford that. Whats the best solution for under $400?...So for under 400 what should I buy? I know there must be extractors that are not in the $700+ range

Not that you asked (forgive me for offering unsolicited advice ;o ), but it sounds like money is tight enough for you that I`d be *very* careful about how you spend it on detailing stuff. That said...

Plenty of people are very happy with the Bissell Little Green Machines, especially the heated version. I do all sorts of stuff with an old Bissell extractor even though I have the big Century/Ninja unit that I can haul out if need be.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bissel LGM has worked decently for me. Haven`t used a bigger machine to compare with though.

Post Thanks / Like
    So would yall recommend the little green machine or a steam cleaner? I want to either buy it tonight or tomorrow morning. I`m detailing a car tomorrow and they want the carpets cleaned

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Not that you asked (forgive me for offering unsolicited advice ;o ), but it sounds like money is tight enough for you that I`d be *very* careful about how you spend it on detailing stuff. That said...

Plenty of people are very happy with the Bissell Little Green Machines, especially the heated version. I do all sorts of stuff with an old Bissell extractor even though I have the big Century/Ninja unit that I can haul out if need be.

Its all good, I`m a senior in HS so I just don`t have a lot. Thanks for the advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the car as you do and get it to a local detail shop or car wash that has nice extractors. Ask them for a quick Mat and seat cleaning only. Might be $40 out the door. Slowly save for a quality machine- VM5000 $795 delivered is a good unit (steamer).

Save money for quality is my advice at the tender age of 42. (I`m also known as being very frugal).

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Thread Information