Post Thanks / Like
    So tomorrow will be my first time using OC 2.0

One of our customers just bought a 2013 jette black corvette coupe. He had already bought our paint/fab/leather package so basically i just swapped the sealant for OC then charged him one of our detail packages to cover all the buffing and applying of the product and he was happy to be my first OC customer

I have already correct most of the front clip before it received a clear bra. i will be correcting to rest of the paint tomorrow with my new FLEX Da and the b&s MF cutting pad. After that my plan was to OC paint, trim, lights etc... jambs. Then i up sold him on a ore expensive detail package to go a step further and OC jambs and the backs of the wheels. So i would do those last.

My questions are once removed and cleaned should i still perform and IPA on the wheels just like on the paint? And should i OC the backs/ barrels then have them re mounted before i OC the face of the wheel to minimize risk of the coating being damaged b4 curing?

Lastly is there any technique for applying OC to wheels vs paint and how about applying to smaller areas and inside of plastic grills etc.. where the yellow sponge wont work? Do i just use a MF towel and buff the product on those areas then go about is as per directed?

Thanks, just want to get it right the first time

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane Perhaps you should go over to the Optimum Forum Optimum Forum and send a PM to Chris--he`s usually pretty good at getting back to people--just in case no one with OC experience sees your post in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use IPA or ONR (not ONR wash and wax though) on the wheels and paint. You can cut an extra foam pad down to a smaller size if need be. It really isn`t as complicated as some make it out to be to apply. Start with two panels, once applied, go back to the first panel and check for high spots, best to use the applicator first then move to the 3rd panel, apply, then use an MF towel on the first panel if there are still any high spots, foam pad on panel two. So basically you are working three sections at a time, removing any high spots with a towel on the first one, foam pad on second one, applying to the third one.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    ya i registered over there but my posts were not showing up? thats why i posted here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlie, in my years of wandering about various forums

Thread Information