Post Thanks / Like
    After considerable prodding on my part was able to get my wife to attend the auto show on Friday -- even though we are replacing her car it took some convincing. So she has narrowed her choices to the Kia Soul or the Nissn Cube and I was just curious if anyone has general thoughts on Kia and Nissan paint?? I know it depends on the car, year etc, but just wanted to get some general impressions from those of you who have detailed these makes.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the retail price of those two vehicles, both companies went a little further than in the past with the paint.

Both use a paint system that is provided by a partnership between PPG and a Korean paint manufacturer.

For those other vehicles they market, some are made in the USA and use a pure PPG system.

Been watching the Soul for a couple of years and have not seen any major paint concerns surface.

The Cube is not seen much around my area due to a lack of an active Nissan dealership in this area, however, have seen no major concerns with it either.

They put on enough e-coat and clearcoat to insure they make it through their warranty period.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron!! Are these two paints on the hard side or soft side??

Post Thanks / Like
    What??

What??

They are PPG clears, this thing everyone goes on and on about soft or hard clears, most of time the clear is just normal but the way they "attack" them by polishing, etc everyday would make any clear soft.

They are just a normal clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK --Thanks Again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I find the paint on my 04` Silver Nissan Titan relatively easy to correct. It does not take an enormous amount of "aggressiveness" to finish down nicely. I can achieve a 98% correction with M205 and an Orange LC Pad and medium pressure with PC. Just a side note... I am not sure how the dealerships are where you are, but here in NEPA, Ken Pollock Nissan is a superb dealership to deal with, and there service is awesome! The service manager(s) [2 of them], with whom I am on a first name basis, are prompt to resolve any problems without any hassle. My wife is actually looking at getting rid of her Sante Fe, and I almost have her convinced to buy a Nissan (she likes the Juke and I like the Mirano)...that...we will have to work on...lol.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Thread Information