Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

My buddy has a polycarbonate rear window on the hardtop for his Honda S2000. Unfortunately, the window started to flake. In order to remove the flake and make it look uniform again, he wetsanded the rear window with 2000grit sandpaper.

What is recommended to polish out the sanding marks and get the window clear again? Would something like Megs Plast-X or Plexus be sufficient?

I have a PC and some 4" and 6" CCS pads. I also have some Menzerna PO83, Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. I`m not sure if those polishes would be the proper products to use for the polycarbonate though.

I`m also unsure if using a PC would cause too much heat and possibly distort the window?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys really should give it a polycarbonate coating or some other form of high abrasion resistant coating. So all you have to do later is do some basic maintainence with it.

What you would be doing with the pc is a longer time consuming process. Will need the highest setting and a high cut compound.

Something best achieved with a rotary with care.

There is no need to worry about your lexan and heat damage unless you are using a rotary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Affordable/Mobile

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hacadacalopolis
    You guys really should give it a polycarbonate coating or some other form of high abrasion resistant coating. So all you have to do later is do some basic maintainence with it.

What you would be doing with the pc is a longer time consuming process. Will need the highest setting and a high cut compound.

Something best achieved with a rotary with care.

There is no need to worry about your lexan and heat damage unless you are using a rotary.
    OK, thanks for the response.

Would a PC 7424XP at speed 6 with Menzerna PO83 on a yellow or orange 4" CCS pad not provide enough cut? I understand that it may take longer, though.

Do you have a recommended polycarbonate coating to apply after the window has been polished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    OK, thanks for the response.

Would a PC 7424XP at speed 6 with Menzerna PO83 on a yellow or orange 4" CCS pad not provide enough cut? I understand that it may take longer, though.

Do you have a recommended polycarbonate coating to apply after the window has been polished?

There are not many coatings that i know of that stick to a slick surface. 1500 grit is the farthest i have used to put on a headlamp coating without any peeling failure or some other type of adhesion failure. And that was with glasweld self leveling headlamp coating. expensive but worth it if done right. So i cant recommend anything after you polish out your surface.

Ya I cant tell you how long it will take with your pc cuz i have never done it. I have a rotary for that. ID say give it a shot take pictures of what your doing if you have time for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Affordable/Mobile

Thread Information