Post Thanks / Like
    Hello folks!

Wondering if I could get some advice on a problem I have here with the tires on my Jeep SRT.

So a few weeks ago I used Megs Endurance Gel (aerosol can version) on the tires for my dressing and next car wash as I always do to clean up all the old tire shine, I use tarminator on the tires to remove any grime on the tires. So I go and go to use the gel again, and I apply it and I see streaks on the tires. I would apply dressing and it would look like as if I did not apply anything. So I used westleys bleach white and it got a little better but not much (note: also switched dressings to Megs NXT aerosol version).

Any help would be appreciated because I am very very angry about this. lol

Thanks!

-Joe
    Joe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8

Post Thanks / Like
    Could just be the spray pattern from using an aerosol product. This is why I use something thick and wipe on with a sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    In spite of all you`ve done to clean the tires, I don`t think they`re completely clean yet. The residue from something is causing your frustration and anger.

One possibility / cleaner you can try next is the tire cleaner from Top of the Line. It`s the best high power tire cleaner I`ve ever used and it cleanes more thoroughly than Westley`s. In the past, I`ve used Westley`s and it plateaued out. Unable to clean any more.

The Top of the Line product stepped it up a couple of notches and removed grime Westley`s wouldn`t touch.

The TOTL cleaner is very strong (and reasonably priced) and can be diluted to whatever you want it to do.

So, I`m thinking the TOTL rubber/tire cleaner will give you your best shot at streak free tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Solvent dressings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird. I`ve been using these dressings since I got the Jeep. It can just happen all of a sudden like that?

I guess I will be trying a new dressing for my next wash!
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW are there any water based dressings that are available at any auto parts store?
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a water based dressing by Stoners.

Hope after a thorough degreasing (once again), that I will finally be able to get rid of these streaks.

Everyone, thanks so much for the help.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s milky color it`s water based, clear it`s solvent based.

Post Thanks / Like
    JMV777- I dunno if I`d keep using stuff like that Tarminator on your tires :think: I`m a fan of dedicated rubber cleaners, which presumbably do their work safely.

JohnZ3MC- Hey, that`s good to know about the TOL tire/rubber cleaner being good. I like patronizing them anyhow, and I`d like to find something good that`s cheaper than the safe but awfully mild Griot`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

JohnZ3MC- Hey, that`s good to know about the TOL tire/rubber cleaner being good. I like patronizing them anyhow, and I`d like to find something good that`s cheaper than the safe but awfully mild Griot`s.
    Accumulator, it comes in concentrated form. Mixed 1:1, it`s an extremely potent cleaner. Years of ooze just dripped off some old Michelins on Sluggo, the winter driver.

Viton seals in the sprayer would be a good idea too. My first spray bottle didn`t have the chemical resistant seals in it and leaks ended up on my right hand. As it turned out, the heavy alkaline content leeched moisture out of my skin, turning it into a beautilul aligator pattern.

For a few days, I felt quite fashionable. My right hand matched the wife`s aligator shoes.

All in all, a small price to pay for good looking Michelins. The hand returned to normal soon enough.

So, yup, that TOTL stuff is good, really good.

Post Thanks / Like
    JohnZ3MC- Heh heh, in your attempt to reinforce your satisfaction with the TOL Rubber Cleaner, you`ve actually made me a little nervous! Sounds mighty potent.

Thread Information