Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it`s my own fault. I own a 2010 Nissan Rogue in Wicked Black and had been trying to detail/care for it to the best of my ability(2 bucket wash, grit guard, lambswool mitt, Griot`s shampoo, etc.), but this was one, LONG, HOT summer. I`m in NOLA and the heat and humidity pretty much zaps any energy out of ya, so when the Rogue got dirty I really didn`t feel like braving the 110 degree heat and 80% humidity(this was the case whether it be 7am or 9pm) so I ran the Rogue thru a car wash about 5 times over the past 3 1/2 months. It was one of those tunnel type places that uses long soft swishy things that hang down from the top instead of brushes per se(in my defense, it is a family owned place and the owners are always there and do keep up with the upkeep).

Overall, the Rogue isn`t in that bad a shape considering I ran it through a car wash, but there is some swirling. I don`t own a polisher, so I was going to attempt to remove these swirls by hand with whatever product you guys recommend. Something with some fillers would be good too since I doubt I`ll be doing a fantastic job since I won`t have a polisher.

What are ya`ll`s recommendations on products for some minor correction? Removing swirls? I own KAIO, AG HD, FK1000P, Meg`s Nxt Tech Wax, and I think I have some Meg`s Swirl X or something to that effect.

I`m not seeking perfection. I was at one time, but have since abandoned that idea in favor of having a life that doesn`t include detailing my car every Saturday for hours on end. I`ll put in more effort than you`re average joe(my neighbors think I`m crazy b/c I wash it usually once a week from Fall thru Spring) but I don`t spend all day waxing, polishing, cleaning, dressing, etc. I will apply some FK1000P(my new fave product for it`s longevity and ease of use) probably every 2 or 3 months.

So keeping all of that in mind, what can I do for those swirls?

Thanks!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey man, did your arms fall off after polishing the whole vehicle by hand? How did it go? I advise you to only use touchless washes from now on, even if they don`t wash as well.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy a Porter Cable and call it a day. You`ll never get even half the correction by hand, and you`ll want to jump off by the time you finish by hand. Lol
    2003 BMW E46 M3 TiAg/ Cinnamon 6MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the OP`s more recent posts I don`t believe the car was done, and honestly i don`t blame the op. It`s not a job I would look forward to.

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha I don`t blame him either, he needs a Da.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best way is by holding a DA polisher in your hands. Take it from someone who polished out cars by hand professionally the first 9-10 years I was in business.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information