Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    My new favorite tire dressing applicator is.... an air brush. Yeah, I know I`m gong crazy with the new toy, but after spraying Opti-Coat on the car last week and the wheels yesterday, I couldn`t help it; I sprayed the tires with Z-16. I have the annoying texturing on the sidewalls of my tires, too. Quick, easy, painless application. Of course it wouldn`t work with the thick tire products, but Z16 worked very well.

Isn`t it tough to get all the remnants of each product out of the hoses and nozzle each time or do you have lots of different attachments? Seems like cross contamination could be really bad!

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the paint brush do you spray the brush and then "paint" the tire or do you have a little container of dressing that you dip the brush into? For larger tires could you not use a larger brush?
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdaytomorrow
    Isn`t it tough to get all the remnants of each product out of the hoses and nozzle each time or do you have lots of different attachments? Seems like cross contamination could be really bad!
    Haven`t had any problems yet. I spray straight 91% IPA through it while it`s still wet from whatever was being sprayed, then disassemble it and soak the various parts in straight IPA, brush them out, air dry.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee364- Heh heh, now you stop that :nono If you keep finding uses for that Paasche I might have to get mine out of mothballs :chuckle:

lostdaytomorrow- The only parts of the airbrush that actually contact [whatever liquid you spray] are nice smooth bits that clean up easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    With the paint brush do you spray the brush and then "paint" the tire or do you have a little container of dressing that you dip the brush into? For larger tires could you not use a larger brush?

I spray just the tip of the brush when dressing. I do about half a squirt out of the sprayer and keep adding more as I need it.

The air sprayer sounds like an awesome method but way too much cleanup required if you`re only busting it out for 1 vehicle at a time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information