Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed this hasn`t been brought up yet, but when doing your final final rinse, if you remove your nozzle and allow the water to flow freely across the paint, by the time you wrap up your hose the little bit of water left on the paint will easily be removed with pretty much any towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailfanatic
    .. and allow the water to flow freely across the paint, by the time you wrap up your hose the little bit of water left on the paint will easily be removed with pretty much any towel.

Always a solid strategy assuming your LSP is a good sheeter - - some are, some aren`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailfanatic
    I noticed this hasn`t been brought up yet, but when doing your final final rinse, if you remove your nozzle and allow the water to flow freely across the paint...

-AND-

Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Always a solid strategy assuming your LSP is a good sheeter...

Well, it`s a good strategy when you can do it I can`t do it in my current shop due to how my sillcocks/wall faucets respond to my boosted water pressure.

No biggie, I just blow most of the water off before reaching for the towels anyhow, but even the minimal amount of water that`s left is easier/tougher to get up with some drying towels than it is with others.

tom p.- That lighter towel sounds like just what you wanted! Wonder if that one will lint :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

tom p.- That lighter towel sounds like just what you wanted! Wonder if that one will lint

I certainly prefer the size and weight of this towel. I do see some nano-linting on the windshield where I wiped away some drops of water. It was bad enough that I had to go back and clean the glass with cleaner yesterday - - it was really distracting when driving at night.

The towel had not been washed. I hope with a couple washing that the nano-lint is minimized.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    tom p- Well....let us know how the linting goes. I don`t want to jinx it, but I gotta say that I`ve never had MF linting get better.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [85% Polyester 15% Polyamide] tom p

Micro fibre came about by combining two DuPont inventions: hydrophobic Polyester (a scrubbing fibre) which also gives the material strength and durability and a hydrophilic Polyamide (an absorbing fibre) that is tremendously absorbent and quick drying. This nylon hybrid is created during weaving to create microscopic loops, which form a network of tiny hooks, scrubbing away dirt and grime. The nature of this yarn is that it is an absorbent; the reason polyester appears to absorb liquids is the many thousands of micro fibres that collectively encapsulate liquids.

Real world disproves theory ...
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I found this thread, I needed another drying tow desperately, going out to buy two of these things, I`ve walked by them without giving them a second thought just because of the enviroment I was in...

Post Thanks / Like
    Following a few more uses of the Kmart towel, I`m liking it I will need to determine how much of an issue the nano-linting is. I hope it diminishes with some additional use and subsequent washing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    .. I hope [the linting] diminishes with some additional use and subsequent washing.

Heh heh, "hope springs eternal"

Post Thanks / Like
    I pickedup a microtex towel today, I`m not sure if this was mentioned before. The packaging says 85/15, the tag on the towel acutally says 80% polyester 20% polyamide.

got 1 use out of it before the ends started to fray away, although the advantage of walmart-- no hassel returns. 1 towel managed somehow to dry the entire audi and it didn`t seem that soaked. Definitally a bargin.

It does a good job of getting water off, for a plush MF, but it doesn`t do as good a job as a good/working-properly WW. Good enough though, and that`s from the guy who says all his other plush MFs leave a little water behind.
    that`s generally my observations as well. Not as good as my waffle weave, but it works. Perfect for use on the beater and saving the waffle for the Cadillac, although I wouldn`t blink to use it on the cadillac either. It`s very nearly as soft as my good MF towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV
    .. Not as good as my waffle weave, but it works. Perfect for use on the beater ...

Yeah, if I *EVER* get the Crown Vic back from the shop it oughta be great for that...white paint (so shouldn`t show the lint), and it`s a rolling definition of "beater car" :chuckle:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information