Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, over the past few months I`ve been lurking here I`ve learned so much. I really want to give back to the community in some way. Since I`ve always loved the side-by-side LSP tests, I thought I`d do some of those. But before I start, I just wanted to get some feedback on my ideas. Possibly how to make them more accurate? Maybe someone has already done similar tests? I`m also open to any other ideas using the products below.

Collonite 845 and 476

CG Jetseal 109

CG EZ-creme glaze

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant

Meguiar`s #26 liquid and paste

Poorboys World Polish with Sealant

Test #1 - Effect of CG EZ-creme glaze on LSP durability

Car: Early 2000s Ford Escape

Prep: Wash, Clay, maybe Polish w/ Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106

Right side: EZ-creme glaze topped with Jetseal or Collonite (haven`t decided)

Left side: Only the Jetseal or Collonite

Aside from testing just how much of a difference the glaze actually makes in the look of the paint, I want to see how it effects the protection lifespan. Ultimately, I`d like to assess the feasibility of offering the glaze step as an up-sell.

Test #2 - PBW Polish with Sealant protection duration, effect on duration of Collonite 845

Car: Early 2000s Mazda Tribute

Prep: Wash, Clay, Polish w/ PBW PwS

Right side: Collonite 845

Left side: nothing more

I just got my PBW PwS and want to see how long the protection will last in the San Antonio heat/sun. I`m also curious how the protection from an AIO product will effect the staying power of a long lasting LSP like collonite. I realize it kinda defeats the purpose of doing an AIO...but I`m still curious :biggrin1: I definitely want to do test #1, this one is subject to change though.

I`ve got a pretty nice camera for pics. After each detail I`ll do maintenance washes using ONR every 2-3 weeks and update the thread. Any feedback is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to give back to the community! This should be an interesting and semi-difficult/subjective test IMHO. Regardless, I`d love to see how #26 compares to CG ECG. Take lots of pics and videos won`t hurt either.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information