Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, ( The questions are in BOLD, in case you want to skip the rambling and get straight to it lol )

I have been passionate about automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, boats, etc my entire life. Not so much the mechanical aspect, but the appearance of them and the history of how their looks evolve over time. I have always detailed friends and families cars just because I enjoy it very much and I take a lot of pride in my work.

Im trying to turn my passion into a business, but I want to get into " Waterless" Eco friendly ( mobile ) detailing. My eye for detail would still be the same, but Im at a loss to where to start. Which chemicals I would need and which are the best around? I`ve been looking at NoWet & DWG, but I know there are more and better out there ( probably ). I would like to purchase all of my equipment and do about 10 friends and familys cars, trucks and suvs until I feel I have a method down. Then, I would like to start approaching the business aspects. I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan I will be using ( With back seats removed ). My wife is in total support of the idea, and we there are no established mobile " waterless " detailing business` around here.

Alright, sorry this is dragging out.

What I basically need to know are these:

What are the chemicals I would need to start?

( I Would be doing exterior paint, tires, rims, interior, seals etc )

What would be best for vacuuming carpet etc?

( I dont want to rely on electrical power either, so I was thinking like a battery operated vacuum? or one that plugs into a cigarette lighter? )

Thanks in advance

( Note: I am very business oriented and can run a business ( And my wife has a degree and business managment and relations ). I am very experienced with building websites, designing logos, and advertising. When it comes to the business and customer relation aspect of the company I would have no problem. My only problem is, I`m not experienced with Water Free washing, and need some guidance lol. )

Post Thanks / Like
    I have personally been using "No Rinse Wash & Shine" for about 6 months.

I use about 2 gallons of water in a bucket with 2 cap fulls of No Rinse and

then I wipe down and dry each section of the car. That is all the water I use and I

dump most of it down the drain when finished.

Optimum Polymer Technologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. I have been using hose / power washer, shop vac, and air compressor ( for blowing out the nooks and crannies ) for years. I dont want to have to buy and haul around a water tank, plus washer, plus generator. Not to mention, most people can really respect the eco friendly aspect of not wasting water, etc.

Im doing all the research I can to find out which chemicals I will need for each application ( paint, leather, stain removal, etc )

Post Thanks / Like
    while onr is not truly a waterless wash it is definitely eco friendly. optimum does make a waterless wash along with several other like 3d, hd (high defiention) and ultima and another that i`m not that familiar with is poly`s clear tech. the rinse less washes i feel are better and usually cheaper that the waterless. it doesn`t really take any longer to do a rinse less wash as it does to do a waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of ordering these ( so far ) from OptimumCarCare:

- Optimum No Rinse

- Opti Clean

- Instant Detailer

- Optimum Car Wax

These are a few I want to get bought to get me started. I have about $300 to buy my materials right now. For Leather, Vinyl , Plastic interior parts would the Armor-All type stuff you can buy at Walmart and Auto Parts Stores work well? Or are they sub par? I want to get the best I can get, to produce the best quality of work I can.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Optiâ„¢ - Clean

Based on the same surfactant type polymers used in Optimum (OPT) No Rinseâ„¢ Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR) it has increased cleaning ability but is safe for use on all automotive surfaces. ONR works fine for a car with light to medium road dirt while Optimum Optiâ„¢ - Clean can be used on a car with several days of built- up road salt, dirt and grime. The reason is that Optiâ„¢ - Clean contains the same polymers as ONR that encapsulate dirt but at a much higher concentration, as well as additional polymers not used in ONR.

[While both of these products are pH neutral, Optiâ„¢ - Clean contains much higher levels of polymers than No Rinse as well as some new polymers that we developed for this type of application. The added polymers are necessary to compensate for using a fraction of the water as compared to a regular No Rinse wash] David Ghodoussi OPT.

A totally waterless wash that provides some surface protection and its ideal for a quick clean up or for use when there is no water available (apartments, condominiums, concours d’élégance or car shows) Simply spray Optimum Opti-Clean on any surface and wipe off with a plush microfiber towel till the area is clean and dry.

What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information