Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a 2009 BMW M3 with Jerez Black. It has some bad swirling on the hood around the bubble and light swirling on other areas. I have heard that BMW clear is quite hard, but have also heard that some clears can be soft depending on the color. Does anyone know what I should expect with JZB?

I have a PC 7424 with Lake Country 6.5" pads in white, orange, and black. I also ordered a SurBuf 6" pad which I understand works very well for jobs that need extra cut.

For polishes I ordered Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and Power Compound and received some Chemical Guys Finishing Polish with the PC and pads as a gift.

My plan was to start with the SIP on the orange pad and see if that gets rid of the swirls on a small section. If not I was going to step up to the SIP on the SurBuf and if still not then the Compound on the SurBuf. If I have to go to the SIP or Power Compound on the SurBuf I think I`ll try to step down to the SIP on the orange pad then the Finishing Polish on a white or black pad. Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Post Thanks / Like
    My longest detail ever "68 hours" was on a new Jerez Black M3. Hate it!!!!!!!!

I still don`t know why it was so hard to correct. Was it the paint or were the the rids that deep?

According to others Jerez Black is typical bmw clear. :noidea:

Good luck though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    My longest detail ever "68 hours" was on a new Jerez Black M3. Hate it!!!!!!!!

I still don`t know why it was so hard to correct. Was it the paint or were the the rids that deep?

According to others Jerez Black is typical bmw clear. :noidea:

Good luck though

Thank you

When you say typical BMW clear I`m taking it you mean hard. I`m new to this, but my understanding is BMW clears are like Mercedes and Audi and overall quite hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    The paint tends to be on the hard side, start in the middle of what you have in aggressiveness and go up or down as needed. Same thing I do when I detail a car.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information