Post Thanks / Like
    Long time lurker, been reading tons of threads.

My original post was going to read:

Bought a used 08 Saturn Outlook, and the front two leather seats have some wear and marks on them. I need to try and restore the best I can. Seats are tan. I don`t think the previous owner ever really cared for them. Luckily, its just the front two. The balance of the seating (and there is a lot of surface in this truck) is 100% good.

Problem #1: Denim "stains" (as I call them) on the seats. Denim-colored spots on the seats from jeans. Seems common, i`ve had in other cars with tan leather in the past.

Problem #2: Sharpie or marker marks. There are two or three, and my typical solutions aren`t cleaning.

Problem #3: Some spots are showing signs of wear. I`ll have to get pics to show you guys, not full cracking or peeling, but there are some wear lines where the surface pigment/color is starting to chip off? Not sure how else to describe. Maybe superficial cracks is better explanation.

Any thoughts? I usually just use Meguiars Gold spray. I also have Lexol PH cleaner, but haven`t used it yet..

After reading and reading and then reading some more, I`ve read all sorts of tips.

I`m thinking:

#1 Resolution: Woolite, 10:1 solution to clean? Will this get these denim stains out?

#2 Resolution: Woolite again, but is it strong enough to get rid of marker? is anything? Am I stuck with these marks? Also, there is a marker mark on the leather on the door panel.

#3 Resolution: Treat with Leatherique to try to restore..

What are your thoughts guys? What would you do or change to this plan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the woolite, let it dwell for a while. If that doesn`t work, test out Megs APC+. They claim it is leather safe but I`ve had some issues on compromised leather. Leatherique may soften the leather a bit, but its not going to fix worn out areas. The only real fix for that is to re-dye or better yet, new seat covers. New covers are actually reasonable if you get them aftermarket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Try the woolite, let it dwell for a while. If that doesn`t work, test out Megs APC+. They claim it is leather safe but I`ve had some issues on compromised leather. Leatherique may soften the leather a bit, but its not going to fix worn out areas. The only real fix for that is to re-dye or better yet, new seat covers. New covers are actually reasonable if you get them aftermarket.

Katskinz and the like? Any others you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DatacomGuy
    Katskinz and the like? Any others you recommend?

I`ve heard Katskinz several times, no personal experience. Probably the best bet it to post up on a car specific forum to see if anyone has had any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Resolution: Woolite, 10:1 solution to clean? Will this get these denim stains out?

Very doubtful.

#2 Resolution: Woolite again, but is it strong enough to get rid of marker? is anything? Am I stuck with these marks? Also, there is a marker mark on the leather on the door panel.

Again,very doubtful.

#3 Resolution: Treat with Leatherique to try to restore..

What are your thoughts guys? What would you do or change to this plan?
    I also doubt Leatherique will "restrore" your leather. Especially if the the coating is failing.

For #1 & #2 I strongly suggest you try using the Leather Doctor kit. Here`s a review I did on it:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...it-review.html
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not if you use the right products....:xyxthumbs

Plus, just because the leather is wearing/worn, it doesn`t mean it can`t be restored. :think2

I`d do a deep cleaning of the surface and reassess the situation.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information