Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone.

The vapor barrier on the rear door became detached, leaking water into left rear floor.

I got the carpet dry and pulled out to let it completely dry. I bought this from HomeDepot to prevent and kill molds (if any).

What do you guys think? Will it work?

946 mL Concrobium Mold Control Trigger Spray Bottle | Home Depot Canada

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can offer my experience in using this product in our house cleaning business. We`ve used it in customer`s showers with very limited results. Does it kill mold effectively? Maybe, but it doesn`t show, because the stains are still there. So, when using it on showers, we had to clean with bleach first to produce any visual difference. As far as whether or not it protected from it coming back, we found that on horizontal surfaces where water could sit (grout on shower floors, or caulking on them), it came back just as fast as ever. The ONLY good thing we found was that on some vertical surfaces, it did help prevent it from coming back, though it still did eventually.

So, I don`t have much faith in this product. It is better than nothing, and may help in some minor way, but I wouldn`t count on it for anything, from my personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zarbat007

The vapor barrier on the rear door became detached, leaking water into left rear floor.

I don`t usually see too many vapor barrier configurations that will let that much water into the car when they fail? You must have gotten alot of rain? Did the water damage your door trim panel too? Make sure everything is totally dried and treated prior to reinstallation as well as new/repaired vapor barrier. If not, the same thing will keep happening. You might also want to check all the other door`s vapor barrier too to prevent an additional problem from happening.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc
    I can offer my experience in using this product in our house cleaning business. We`ve used it in customer`s showers with very limited results. Does it kill mold effectively? Maybe, but it doesn`t show, because the stains are still there. So, when using it on showers, we had to clean with bleach first to produce any visual difference. As far as whether or not it protected from it coming back, we found that on horizontal surfaces where water could sit (grout on shower floors, or caulking on them), it came back just as fast as ever. The ONLY good thing we found was that on some vertical surfaces, it did help prevent it from coming back, though it still did eventually.

So, I don`t have much faith in this product. It is better than nothing, and may help in some minor way, but I wouldn`t count on it for anything, from my personal experience.

I had always wondered if some Autopians also do house cleaning, given their anal retentive natures!

Thread Information