Post Thanks / Like
    I made a mistake cleaning the perforated leather in my car. I accidentally got some of the cleaner in the holes on part, and I can`t figure out how to clean that area now so I can`t see it anymore. From certain angles, it looks like there`s a big white splotch right where the cleaning cream was. I imagine I need to clean out the holes, but I don`t want to do anything that`s going to enlarge or deform them, so sticking something in there makes me nervous.

Any tips for how to clean this up without damaging the leather?

Post Thanks / Like
    did you try using a shop vac? how about compressed air?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sharding
    I made a mistake cleaning the perforated leather in my car. I accidentally got some of the cleaner in the holes on part, and I can`t figure out how to clean that area now so I can`t see it anymore. From certain angles, it looks like there`s a big white splotch right where the cleaning cream was. I imagine I need to clean out the holes, but I don`t want to do anything that`s going to enlarge or deform them, so sticking something in there makes me nervous.

Any tips for how to clean this up without damaging the leather?

The perforated holes cross section is suede.

A low viscosity cleaner with high performance to deflocculate the cake-up of the cream; using a horsehair Brush-1 for agitation is recommended.

Be aware of the pH value of the cleaner you would used, preferably those within 3 and 5; that matches the pH neutral of leather. Otherwise fatliquor leach out during cleaning especially with alkaline cleaners, these panel becomes stiff up faster as the suede fibers gets stick together.

After removing the unwanted residue, its recommended that you rejuvenate it so that the softness, suppleness and strength is retain; prolonging split or cracking around the holes.

Roger Koh

info@leatherdoctor.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I read a thread where Fermani used a tooth brush. I used woolite ( I think 12:1 dilution) along with a new toothbrush on the wife`s steering wheel. It made the steering wheel look brand new. I have to imagine the toothbrush bristles will get to these small holes.

If you`re going to try this, I would definitely try it on an inconspicious area and allow to dry before working a larger area.

Thread Information