Post Thanks / Like
    After searching and reading enough reviews about correction polishes (and doing a 2006 Civic with a trunk and hood with heavier scratches than I could correct using UC/UP/Swirl-X ), I need something a little stronger in my lineup for the severe jobs. Anyway, I`ve narrowed it down to getting Uno v3 and trying it with my foam pads (have GG 6" DA and each of the Detailers Domain Uber pads along with some Hex Logic pads) or getting the Meguiar`s MF Correction system.

Since the MF system is relatively new and HD Uno v3 is very popular on these boards, I figured someone must have had some first-hand experience with these. Thanks in advance!

*edit* yes I realize for a lot of scratches I would have to sand them, but I`m not quite ready to start with that, still trying to master DA correction to remove/minimize visual scratches and hologramming

*edit again* in hindsight, I really should have posted this on the Machine Polishing forum :doh:

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Spoolin.

Actually, Ive tried some Uno with Mf/ Da correction pads on sections of my dad`s car (pics comong soon, hopefully). I cant be sure which clear coat the car has, laquer or urethane, but it was applied around 1994-1995, and its pretty hard.

The pad/ polish combo pretty much cut everything but the deepest scratches and water etching on sections of my dads hood. In fact, they did a better job of cutting and finishing off those section at a faster clip in comparison to using some of my foam cutting pads with some powergloss, no less. The powergloss did some very good cutting with the foam, but it left the paint with haze that had to be followed up with a lighter polish. The surfaces that had the foam pads were actually also hotter than when I used the mf pads- both via da and by rotary. The only thing that trumped the mf and foam pads were some straight wool pads with the uno via rotary; the cutting was excellent with minimal heat, but still left holograms that would still need a light polishing step to finish out proper. Next, Im gonna try out some surbufs with uno and see how well they fair against the paint.

The uno/ mf pad combo isnt going to be a total solution, of course as they may still be too aggressive for some soft paints, but for most else, this can be used as an effective one-step polish procedure that leaves the paint looking alot cleaner, and without always having to add a finishing step unless really needed. Give them a try. I dont hink you will be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    USDM has good advice! I agree 100%
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot about this thread already! I`ve now got 5" & 6" MF pads, M105/M205, and my UNO should be here monday. I`ve given up on OTC polishes/compounds completely since the issues with the Civic, even though UC compounds nicely (albeit still dusty like 105), its still gonna be benched unless I need a lighter compound.

Thread Information