Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few quick questions.

1. On a car that has just been washed, clayed, polished, sealed and waxed can you maintain it by just reapplying sealant/wax after a wash, on say a bi-weekly/monthly basis? OR does the sealant/wax need to be stripped every time you want to reapply?

I guess I am just looking for a general maintenance suggestion, to keep the car looking good, as well as being protected.

2.Also does anyone have a good recommendation of a sealant, and wax that would work equally good on a clear bra, as well as the rest of the car? Or am I better off using separate products to achieve the best results on each surface, something like opti-seal topped with OCW on the bra, and for ex. BFWD/midnight sun on the paint?

Thanks for any help-

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you keep up with the washing to prevent as much fallout etc from sticking to the paint, a monthly reseal without starting over from scratch is an option. As far as sealants and waxes ie non-abrasive products go, they should all work equally well on the paint and the clear bra without having to switch products for the bra VS the paint.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Don M
    As long as you keep up with the washing to prevent as much fallout etc from sticking to the paint, a monthly reseal without starting over from scratch is an option. As far as sealants and waxes ie non-abrasive products go, they should all work equally well on the paint and the clear bra without having to switch products for the bra VS the paint.

Thanks! My head is spinning trying to find a good combo, sealer/wax for the paint, and clear bra. I know you are supposed to avoid anything with color for the clear bra.

I was thinking about opti-seal, and opti car wax, but wasn`t sure if there were better options at least for the paint.

Since I will be waxing fairly frequently longevity isn`t as big of a concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had another quick question maybe someone could help me with.

If I wash the car, and use a spray wax, for instance Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax, is there something to top that with to achieve more gloss, or is that usually the last step? Would I benefit from using something ontop of that like Z-8 or Fk425?

Thanks for any insight-

Post Thanks / Like
    Spec-C- Welcome to Autopia!

Some sorta-random thoughts follow:

- Yeah, same stuff of paint and PPF. Some products are better/worse for this (e.g., buildup along PPF edges).

-I wouldn`t use anything with "color" (in the transferable sense) anyhow; good products might have pigment added to them, but it doesn`t really transfer in the kind of way that could stain PPF.

-Yeah, you can just redo the LSP (Last Step Product) as long as the paint is clean. Some products are better/worse for this too.

-After the spray wax it oughta be about as good as it gets, if that`s not satisfactory it`s time to redo things.

-Using FK425 over some "fragile" products can result in issues from a solvent action.

-If you want to see "the FK425 look", just use that instead of something like spray wax (yeah...there *is* a diff between leaves-stuff-behind QDs and spray waxes, but that`s still how I`d play it).

-Even if you don`t care about longevity, consider that short-lived products often don`t protect as well as more durable ones.

Thread Information