Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Vroom microfiber wash mitt that I have been using with ONR to wash this winter. How often should I wash the mitt in the washing machine? Also when is it time to replace the wash mitt?

Thanks, Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    I use sheepskin mitts so I can`t really say I`m an expert on when to replace a MF one, but I usually replace my wash mitts when I notice it starting to shed from overuse or if it becomes extremely dirty/stained. Sometime this will mean 1-2 washes on really beat up cars coming in for an initial service, other times it can last me 20 washes on light, weekly maintenance washes.

I do the same thing with my mitts as I do with towels, in that it gets downgraded from paint, to wheels, to exhausts, etc. before it goes in the trash.

As for actually washing it, you should wash it thoroughly after every use because you don`t want the soap settling/hardening inside of it. I thoroughly wash and inspect each mitt I have used after each detail job, then categorize them accordingly. Hope that helps.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash my mit/towels after every use. A little detergent, gentle cycle, warm water, 2nd rinse. Dry on low heat.

Post Thanks / Like
    how would an old sheep skin do for washing wheels?

sorry to threadjack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCivic
    I have a Vroom microfiber wash mitt that I have been using with ONR to wash this winter. How often should I wash the mitt in the washing machine? Also when is it time to replace the wash mitt?

Thanks, Josh

Given the way ONR makes dirt stick to the wash media, I`d wash that thing every time. I replace MF mitts when they`re nasty-dirty and won`t come clean, or when they start leaving a load of lint, or when they start looking threadbare, or...whenever I think it`s a good idea.

I wash MF mitts after every use, but I hardly ever wash my sheepskin ones. But then I don`t use them until the BHBs have all the "big stuff" off so my mitts don`t get dirty very often.

I do rinse out the mitts I use for wheels though, those can get kinda nasty to say the least! (So yeah, solekeeper, that`s a good way to use old mitts; I buy the little 3-fnger mitts from Griot`s though, they`re really handy.)

Thread Information