Post Thanks / Like
    Since it looks like I may need to buy new 6.5" pads for my newly purchased flex 3401, I was wondering what everybody likes for their pads. I have the uber 5.5" and was impressed with them along with the surbufs. But if the LC hydro techs work better than the uber 6.5" on the flex 3401, I wouldn`t mind making the switch and trying something new. It looks like the LC Hydro tech pads fail when using the KBM and it also warns against it on the DI website I think.

I`d be stoked if I could find a BP that was 5" so I could use my current pads, but I`ve read that there isn`t such a thing or that they are hard to come by.

I did a search but it didn`t return much on comparing the above pads using the flex 3401. Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so you know "Uber" pads are Buff & Shine pads "labeled" with ink. There is 0 difference between them aside from B&S being cheaper and Uber shedding ink when you wash them, I have both.

There are some not well known backing plate for the flex but I couldn`t tell you where to find them(maybe custom), but all people use larger pads with flex and then switch to PC for small areas.

They fail with KBM because of the raised velcros... If you are doing KBM with lot of pressure, use a pad that has backing material to the edge so the pad doesnt start to stretch and tear because of the riser like the B&S pad. I think regular flat full velcro pads are best unless you are doing regular polishing, hydro techs get my vote at this point in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Yeah, I knew they were buff & shine pads. It`s just easier for to type uber instead of b&S or buff & shine.

Sounds good though, I`ll get some new 6.5" pads and get the 4" pads with backing plate for my PC for the tighter spots. What pads do you like with the flex amongst the ones I listed?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ltebow34
    Just so you know "Uber" pads are Buff & Shine pads "labeled" with ink. There is 0 difference between them aside from B&S being cheaper and Uber shedding ink when you wash them, I have both.

There are some not well known backing plate for the flex but I couldn`t tell you where to find them(maybe custom), but all people use larger pads with flex and then switch to PC for small areas.

They fail with KBM because of the raised velcros... If you are doing KBM with lot of pressure, use a pad that has backing material to the edge so the pad doesnt start to stretch and tear because of the riser like the B&S pad. I think regular flat full velcro pads are best unless you are doing regular polishing, hydro techs get my vote at this point in time.

Thread Information