Post Thanks / Like
    I have been reading everything I can on this site and everytime I come across something I like then I buy it or want to buy it for example foam gun, then I wanted EZ brushes but read and changed it to daytona brushes then remembered impulse buys end up being bad. Now maybe in the future I want a Metro sidekick to get all the stubborm water off the car IE the mirrors lights trunk front grill etc..by the way I have a Metro Vac N blo and it works great incredible suction out of something so small. Later maybe a CRs water ionizer and thats it no more detailing stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a foam lance/cannon? It is something that really impresses the neighbours! I know how you feel, I went on quite a spending spree awhile back but I`ve covered most of my bases now. That and being in Canada, we don`t have as much deals/stuff. I`m just very lucky our water is really soft around here so that is one less item to purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    G37- Eh, rather than the Metro, I`d buy an air compressor. It`s good for a lot more than blowing water out of nooks and crannies (which it does do quite well). IMO *everybody* oughta have an air compressor (or two) anyhow...

If your wash regimen is going OK now (no marring, no need to polish, etc.) then maybe you don`t need the foamgun. Heh heh, yeah *I* need one to avoid marring, but that`s just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    G37- Eh, rather than the Metro, I`d buy an air compressor. It`s good for a lot more than blowing water out of nooks and crannies (which it does do quite well). IMO *everybody* oughta have an air compressor (or two) anyhow...

If your wash regimen is going OK now (no marring, no need to polish, etc.) then maybe you don`t need the foamgun. Heh heh, yeah *I* need one to avoid marring, but that`s just me.

I have been reading that air comp. should have a filter when you use them for blowing water off the car??

Due to washing my car on a weekly basis is doesnt get very dirty at all only after its been driven in the rain it gets crud on it, but after watching the foam gun videos it looks like a simple way to pre soak the car and make the washing process better. Plus I have a white car swirls tend to be less visible to the eye but its metalic so its not just white wish it was though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I travel VERY lightly....Since 1969 I have been saving on everthing I use. I use what works for me. I buy in 5 gallon quantities and have been using the same brushes since the MID 1970s. If it aint broke dont fix it. The most important thing is SUPERIOR PRODUCTS installed correctly and expertly. Detailing is an exacting business. That said you make the best of what can be accomplished in that particular situation. Ps...I dont know what a foam gun is. so I cant comment. I also use a blower with NO FILTER....perhaps I should look into that. Thanks! Paintxpert

Post Thanks / Like
    Compressed air needs what they call a good dryer in the air line. If the DRYER is bad it will spit CONTAMINANTS that are in the supply line all over the car. Like RUST particles and the like. NOT GOOD. I currently use a leaf blower. I see blowers are offered. I didnt check the price. Paintxpert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G37
    I have been reading everything I can on this site and everytime I come across something I like then I buy it or want to buy it for example foam gun, then I wanted EZ brushes but read and changed it to daytona brushes then remembered impulse buys end up being bad. Now maybe in the future I want a Metro sidekick to get all the stubborm water off the car IE the mirrors lights trunk front grill etc..by the way I have a Metro Vac N blo and it works great incredible suction out of something so small. Later maybe a CRs water ionizer and thats it no more detailing stuff...

I`d make that "sooner" rather than "later".

Not having to dry your car seriously helps to minimize swirling. You can follow up the CR Spotless rinse with a blower if you want, but it`s really not necessary. If you are in a position of doing traditional hose car washes, a good (gas powered preferred) pressure washer and a CR Spotless is a very good combo to have. I use the pressure washer and CR Spotless to wash the outside windows of my house. It was a quick way to get back in the good graces of The Boss after dropping over 1k on a Jon Deere pressure washer and a CR Spotless. I went through a ton of electric pressure washers before I broke down and bought the JD a few years back. Wish I woulda bought it up front with all the cash I blew on cheap electric PW`s.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking about buying a good sure compressor and rigging it to also work as a pressure washer
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G37
    I have been reading that air comp. should have a filter when you use them for blowing water off the car??

IMO any air compressor with a tank should have a filter; the inside of the tank is prone to surface rust. Not just for blowing off cars, but for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    ..[I]..have been using the same brushes since the MID 1970s. If it aint broke dont fix it. The most important thing is SUPERIOR PRODUCTS..

Yeah, good BHBs last a long time. My first pair lasted over twenty years before the tips of the bristles wore down enough to lose their flagging (at which point they caused very light marring, so it pays to re-CD-test them regularly). But my smaller BHBs and the ones I use for wheels/undercarriages wear out a lot faster, presumbably because they`re doing much more aggressive work.

Thread Information