Post Thanks / Like
    Working on one tomorrow any pointers, tips, suggestions?

My other concern is that I`m not all that versed in single stage paint. I was going to go with m105 m205 and po85rd but then again with single stage paint is that a good idea?

Also any product suggestions would be welcomed
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty soft, but much easier to work with then the new sticky-icky-icky Porsche paint. Don`t hit it with M105 off the bat... start off with 85rd and see what that corrects before you go with more cut. You`ll be surprised how much it can correct with a finishing pad, especially on that paint. If that doesn`t give you the results you`re looking for then step up to 205 and a polishing pad, then up to 105, but I don`t think you`ll need that unless the car`s lived in the "grinder". Hope that helps !
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    I was intending on going through usual protocol for test spots I was kind of bracing myself for the worst I`ll see if I can have him send over some pictures that he took but being that I`m going in tomorrow, I doubt there`s much that`s going to be able to change if there`s something I don`t have
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that`s quirky... you`re going to polish a 911 tomorrow and the last post that you made was your 911th . Good luck!
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    .. Don`t hit it with M105 off the bat... start off with 85rd and see what that corrects before you go with more cut....unless the car`s lived in the "grinder"...

Check out its condition in Alexshimshimhae`s other thread. It`s M105 time

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried... I swear I tried.. The PO85RD with black pad took too long and didn`t get out enough. The orange with PO85RD after a while I said M105 time

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually prefer to compounding on single stage paint with a twisted wool. In general twisted wool runs a lot cooler. When compouniding with foam your useing heat and friction along with the abbrasive to remove defects. Heat build up on old single stage can be bad. Lots of burn`t edges. Those older porsches have lots oh issues from thin paint, to etching issues. I would suggest knocking down the finish with good ole wool and a rotory. Let the wool twine do the work with m105. Short work times and nice leveled paint. Then refine it with a random orbital machine and foam so no heat is built up. Good luck with it and show us some photos!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of tricks to polishing these cars. Be sure to remove the wipers to polish the front valance piece. You can also lift the bonnet which can give you access to polish that corner at the top of the hood where it recesses. Other than that, the glasurit paint is soft and very rewarding when finished. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    sigh barry...It`s funny you posted lol--i think when you read my comment on the write up you`ll understand rofl

Thread Information