Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waffle Weave?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel
    When I use ONR, I use two towels to dry: (1) PakShak`s plush microfiber towel, followed up with (2) PakShak`s ultra-soft waffle-weave towel. This combination has worked well for me.
    Have you tried it the opposite way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Have you tried it the opposite way?

I think I have but I honestly can`t remember. I find that the plush towel removes most of the ONR and the ultra-soft waffle-weaves removes the rest, with no streaking. At least so I have found. Perhaps I`ll try the reverse my next ONR wash and see which method works better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have but I honestly can`t remember. I find that the plush towel removes most of the ONR and the ultra-soft waffle-weaves removes the rest, with no streaking. At least so I have found. Perhaps I`ll try the reverse my next ONR wash and see which method works better.
    I like to use the ww to get the bulk of water off, but purposely leave some water behind and follow up with the Pakshak`s Ultra Plush or Big Boy. I sometimes will spray a QD after the intial wipe with the ww and then follow up with the ultra plush.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that one reason I prefer to go with the plush towel first is for safety. If there is any dirt particles still on the paint, then hopefully it will be captured into the nap. PakShak`s ultra-soft waffle-weave is no ordinary waffle-weave towel. I feel very comfortable about using it to complete the drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that one reason I prefer to go with the plush towel first is for safety. If there is any dirt particles still on the paint, then hopefully it will be captured into the nap. PakShak`s ultra-soft waffle-weave is no ordinary waffle-weave towel. I feel very comfortable about using it to complete the drying.

Are you using the Ultra Plush or the Big Boy for intial wipe?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`m using the MICROPAK Ultra-Microband Plush Micro Fiber Towel - The "Ultra Soft" XXL Drying Towel". Click on the links I provided above. As I said, this method has worked well for me, but it may not be the best method. I do like the PakShak towels, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Uber WW to great success after ONR wash. When drying, I usually spray down with FK425 or DG AW as a drying aid though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Both. I really, really, really don`t like waffle weave towels. I don`t think they have sufficient nap to adequately protect the paint from potential scratching and I don`t think they dry as well as thick, heavy weight MF towels.

I do not like ww as the primary drying towel (soaking up the water) either but I like it as a better finishing towel. The nappy towels soak up more water but they seem to streak more on the final wipe.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been having horrible luck with my WW lately. I never see any marring with my Absorber which I use to get 80% of the water off initially on conventional washing. Can`t imagine using either one for ONR. :nono
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Really don`t care to use waffle weave for anything. One of the more disappointing things I have purchased over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive gotten more streaking from my plush mf than my ww. Like some of the other members here I soak up most of the water first with the ww then finish with the plush mf with a qd(and sometimes without). I pat dry everything anyway so I dont worry too much about any paint damage caused by drying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information