Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished claying and waxing today in preparation for a 6 month storage in an covered parkade. I noticed after washing, when I was claying, that there are stains on the hood and trunk, and I am guessing this is from tree sap. I purchased a good `Tree Sap Remover` (liquid solution), highly recommended but it did not work. It worked on another car, the daily driver.

Not having other options, I proceeded to wax, including over the tree sap stains. Will this be more difficult to remove later (after 6 months)? What do you recommend and has worked for you?

Thanks for looking

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I`m probably over analizing this, it really depends on what these spots really are and if you removed all of it`s residue from the surface. Tree sap is slighty acidic and can eat deep into your paint.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Although I`m probably over analizing this, it really depends on what these spots really are and if you removed all of it`s residue from the surface. Tree sap is slighty acidic and can eat deep into your paint.

I think the tree sap I am dealing with is from a type of evergreen fir or cedar. I think I rubbed, clayed and washed as much as I could but the stain is still showing. I don`t know about the residue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always recommend removing the contaminants 100% before polishing or waxing. After your initial thorough wash and dry, try taking IPA and spot test an area for complete sap removal. Here are some photos of a vehicle I did last week that was "Destroyed" with pine tree sap that sat on the vehicle for almost 2 weeks.....she cleaned up sweet!

IPA really helped tremendously

David M. Sylican

Innovative Detailing

Headlight Lens Restoral

O.C. California

Thread Information