Post Thanks / Like
    just bought my first truck. 2011 Dodge Ram. Next week im going to spend the day clay baring polishing and waxing...

so there are some places i cant reach.. middle of window middle of hood etc...

i have a step stool but it doesnt look like its going to help...

what do you all do?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just detailed two of them outside because they wouldn`t fit in my garage. I used a four ft step ladder from lowe`s to reach the roof, windows, and hood.

Quote Originally Posted by jmichael99
    just bought my first truck. 2011 Dodge Ram. Next week im going to spend the day clay baring polishing and waxing...

what do you all do?

Post Thanks / Like

what do you all do?

Welcome to Autopia!

I have the same problems with my Yukon XLD, so I use five (not a typo, I really do have 5 of `em ) of these: Amazon.com: Bauer 20900 Fold-N-Carry Work Platform: Home Improvement .

That link never has `em in stock, but at least you can see what I`m talking about. I got mine from the local distributor and got a nice quantity discount since I picked them up as opposed to having them shipped.

Yeah, they`re kinda pricey, but they`re a joy to work on (wide and long) and very stable even on wet floors. One fall can change your life, so for me it was money well-spent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Welcome to Autopia!

I have the same problems with my Yukon XLD, so I use five (not a typo, I really do have 5 of `em ) of these: Amazon.com: Bauer 20900 Fold-N-Carry Work Platform: Home Improvement .

That link never has `em in stock, but at least you can see what I`m talking about. I got mine from the local distributor and got a nice quantity discount since I picked them up as opposed to having them shipped.

Yeah, they`re kinda pricey, but they`re a joy to work on (wide and long) and very stable even on wet floors. One fall can change your life, so for me it was money well-spent.

hmmmm 1`9" of lift... ill have to see if it works.. i have a 3 ft steep stool right now but i havent tried it yet

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmm 1`9" of lift... ill have to see if it works.. i have a 3 ft steep stool right now but i havent tried it yet

Step stools keep you going up n down and moving them and the stability sucks when you`re reaching holding a polisher with both hands. A work platform works much better. Both Lowe`s and Home Depot have these for comparable prices, Lowe`s had `em for $22 on Black Friday last year.

Werner Portable Aluminum Work Platform (225 lbs. Load Capacity) - AP-20 at The Home Depot

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    step ladder to reach hood. and i usually stand in the bed when washing and detailing for the roof. now my truck is an extended cab not a quad cab. i would think a step ladder should be on your list of future goodies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a problem standing on the tires when i really need to. Usually I can reach most parts of the car (im 6`2") but for the middle of the front window, just open up the door and stand on the interior step. For the middle of the roof, use the bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    if it`s an suv or say, a hummer, the only thing I can think of is using work platforms...but they`re fairly expensive...(a bunch of them I really don`t know why....) If you were to build your own however, I think you can build them fairly cheap, but sturdy(depending on design) I`m thinking about building one in the spring... but we`ll see
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Thread Information