Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have folex and I have APC + and I have HD total. As they are all great to remove stains or spots I think I am looking for something a little different let me try to explain..

As david fermani says you should have a dedicated carpet shampoo. Thats what I want something foamy I can saturate the mat in.

something like this. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture044.jpg

Here is what Im thinking and maybe its just me. But When I get a mat and the interior is a light brown color and the mat is so dirty that its a really dark brown color with stains and spots everywhere if I use APC or Folex it removes the spots/stains and lightens up the mat a bit but not to the light brown it used to be.

According to david fermani what I want is a dedicated carpet shampoo that will Lift up and out the dirt. It just doesnt seem like my cleaners will do that it feels like its more for certain spots which it does great at but I sit there and scrub and scrub and scrub and I cant get the mat to a light brown but did get all the spots out.. Which is why I think if I had some good dedicated carpet shampoo that would lift dirt up and out would be great and I can return the mat to its original color instead of just removing spot stains..

Post Thanks / Like
    Please correct me if I am wrong btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the lack of response could lead me to belive that people don`t use a dedicated carpet shampoo to clean their interiors? People here are much more concerned with high end sealants and total swirl removal to pay all that much attention to their interior techniques. You need more than an APC/Degreaser to *manually* clean dirty carpets. I suggest you pick up some shampoo as it`s pretty inexpensive.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Folex and steam, they work great.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I think the lack of response could lead me to belive that people don`t use a dedicated carpet shampoo to clean their interiors? People here are much more concerned with high end sealants and total swirl removal to pay all that much attention to their interior techniques. You need more than an APC/Degreaser to *manually* clean dirty carpets. I suggest you pick up some shampoo as it`s pretty inexpensive.

Thats the prob idk where or what shampoo to get.. and here and on autogeek no one has replied lol.. So if you could point me in a good direction of maybe where to get it locally or where to order online and what exactly..

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    P&s sales makes one called enviro clean 15 to 1 ratio workes great malco makes a xtrax line that workes great as well.I use a malco 9 gallon extractor that is a tank. If u can not get a machine mix powerded laundry detergant in hot water pour on floor mats aggitate with a brush pressure wash hang dry works great

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgepoint | Encapuclean Green DS - Double Strength | InterlinkSupply

I`ve had a lot of great results using ths stuff diluted in a spray bottle and then hitting it with my Griot`s 6" machine with either Griot`s yellow pad or the brushes of seen available for the PC. No extraction needed.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

While that is probably true, I have yet to see some side by sides with anything that proved a product was better than a little heat and APC+. As to the OP`s problem, have you tried using a pressure washer for floor mats? Its amazing what folex/APC+ and a pressure washer do for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    While that is probably true, I have yet to see some side by sides with anything that proved a product was better than a little heat and APC+. As to the OP`s problem, have you tried using a pressure washer for floor mats? Its amazing what folex/APC+ and a pressure washer do for them.
    I`m sure that a pressure washer would be the best thing, but some of us, like me don`t own one. I have to rely on a cleaner and a brush. I also have a light tan mat and within days it would show brown stains and just look soiled. Friend of mine gave me some Car Brite carpet cleaner with protectant and it`s going on one month and still looks clean. This is an awesome product. I now use it on some expensive throw rugs around the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky

Please explain "heat & APC" a little more. Are you talking about a hot water extractor, steam or neither? And yes, for dirty(standard backing) floor mats a powerwasher is the best option/tool if available. Regardless of what cleaning method you choose, proper prep of the problem is key to maximum results. You can`t rely on a steamer/extractor/APC alone. Atleast from my experiences with urban assault vehicles. Way too many dirty variables out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    I`m sure that a pressure washer would be the best thing, but some of us, like me don`t own one. I have to rely on a cleaner and a brush. I also have a light tan mat and within days it would show brown stains and just look soiled. Friend of mine gave me some Car Brite carpet cleaner with protectant and it`s going on one month and still looks clean. This is an awesome product. I now use it on some expensive throw rugs around the house.

Which Car Brite cleaner are you referring to?

Post Thanks / Like
    i use bio-kleen traffic lane cleaner for carpets. works great. also have some pro chem stuff for spot removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani;
    Please explain "heat & APC" a little more.

I think steam is the best bet, however I don`t even have a real extractor. I use extremely hot water and a cheap LGM. I presoak with APC and use the hot water to extract and rinse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information