Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the day people used cheesecloth or something that looked like diapers. Today everyone prefers MF towels but in my opinion MF towels are way to clingy like if they had static. My question is does everyone use MF towels or do people use other cloths to remove a carnauba paste wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite towel with which to remove wax is Meguiar`s Ultimate Wipe. It seems to do a superior job removing hazed wax than any other microfiber towel I have tried. I understand that the Ultimate Wipe is very similar to the Arctic White towel sold by AutoGeek. I will have to buy a few next time I order from AG and compare.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use paper towels, brawny works the best! If you want gentle use toilet paper, charmin is a good bet.........
    -2006 F150 FX4 BLACK

-2004 Yamaha R1 BLUE

"If he dies, he dies" Ivan Drago

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
    I use paper towels, brawny works the best! If you want gentle use toilet paper, charmin is a good bet.........

Mirka abralon 150 grit works better than brawny

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the dual texture MF`s, and even though the towel is thick in itself, the shorter nap side works much better than the plush side [or most other microfibers]

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailed Image`s Ultra Plush Two Sided

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    MF towels come in a wide variety of textures for different puposes. I personally use Prima Platinum Buffing clothes that have a low nap on one side for the initial removal and a higher nap on the other side for any residual dusting. A lot of brands have similar towels (i`ve had really good luck ordering from Ranney at pakshak lately). I wound not use cloth diapers etc, these worked acceptable in the days of turtle wax and single stage paint but not in today`s world of thin base/clearcoat finishes. I can only assume that posted he used paper towels was kidding (all the same DO NOT do that).

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like almost everyone uses MF on the paint for waxing QD but MF towels dont feel soft enough they are much softer than terry cloth but still dont feel soft i hate the clingy satic feeling they have. Is there any other alternative cloth for paint?? Why dont people use MF wash mitts IF THEY LIKE mf TOWELS??25-856..

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have read sheep skin pickups the dirt and keeps it from being put back on the paint. Sorry for crappy explanation but maybe that`s why..

Post Thanks / Like
    I was kidding about the paper towels, lol.

But in all seriousness, I use MF towels to DRY the car after a wash. When I do a wax job (I use mother`s 3 stage), I just use 100% cloth towels and never had a problem. I am sure MF towels to wax would be better than cloth, but I`ve been OK using the cloth to apply/remove wax. Sure I have some swirls on my black truck, but it`s at an acceptable level because I`m not nearly OCD as many of you are! Take care.......
    -2006 F150 FX4 BLACK

-2004 Yamaha R1 BLUE

"If he dies, he dies" Ivan Drago

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G37
    Seems like almost everyone uses MF on the paint for waxing QD but MF towels dont feel soft enough they are much softer than terry cloth but still dont feel soft i hate the clingy satic feeling they have. Is there any other alternative cloth for paint??

You might prefer the suede-style/no-nap MFs from TOL and others. I usually only use `em for sealants, but they`re worth trying to see if they`re something you like.

Why dont people use MF wash mitts IF THEY LIKE mf TOWELS??[

I do use `em, both for washing and for buffing the paint as the final drying step (after having sprayed on a QD). But the potential problem is sorta the flip side of why I like MF for buffing off wax/polish- MF tends to retain stuff. That stuff might be wax/polish residue (good) or abrasive dirt (bad). Sheepskin rinses clean better, and BHBs rinse clean best of all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperHWK
    ..Bu I use MF towels to DRY the car after a wash. When I do a wax job (I use mother`s 3 stage), I just use 100% cloth towels and never had a problem. I am sure MF towels to wax would be better than cloth, but I`ve been OK using the cloth to apply/remove wax. Sure I have some swirls on my black truck, but it`s at an acceptable level because I`m not nearly OCD as many of you are! ...

If what you`re doing works fine for you, then I`d say you oughta just keep doing it. Much as we praise MFs all the time, it`s not like nobody had a swirl-free car back in the days before MF came out. Some cotton towels are perfectly soft enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    You might prefer the suede-style/no-nap MFs from TOL and others. I usually only use `em for sealants, but they`re worth trying to see if they`re something you like.

Are these the ones you`re referring to? Might have to give `em a try next time I place an order with TOL.

Micro Suede Towel

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCturboT
    Are these the ones you`re referring to? Might have to give `em a try next time I place an order with TOL.

Micro Suede Towel

Jeff

Yeah, at least I think so. I got mine as bonnets (sized for the Cyclo and some larger ones for the PC). I have some regular towels made out of that stuff but they came from another source that`s not around any more (they work well too).

Just be forewarned that with zero nap they a) load up kinda fast and b) provide zero cushioning/protection agains marring if something gets between them and the paint, even if that something is just clumped/dry product residue.

Thread Information