Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a new 11 accord coupe and want to stay on top of "detailing" my car. I Live in a apartment high rise with no apparent hose access. mother lives in an apt with no hose access either. im assuming that the car washing with be defaulted to carwashes. I want to maintain the showroom sharpness of this vehicle. i can commit 1-2 hours a weekend. i have been reading sites like this and other trying to get the best and safest products that will help me do this. ive also read the intro to detailing and its alot of info. any advice to a beginner is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    For washing stay away from the car washes and pick up some no rinse car wash such as Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine or DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 to the ONR. I was doubtful when I started using it but it`s great stuff. All you need is a 5 gallon bucket, 2 gallons of water, two capfuls of Optimum No Rinse (ONR), and some towels to wash and dry the car. They also have a new waterless wash called Optimum Opti Clean that I`ve tried once and it`s good for touchups beyond what a quick detailer can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum No-Rinse and a good sealant should get you pretty far.

Post Thanks / Like
    so like use the no rinse stuff once a week for the wash and how often should i use the sealant. Do either hold potential for overuse/ destruction of paint stability in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    The sealant should last 3-4 months at least. It`s there to protect your paint, so overuse won`t harm anything, but underuse could. As long as you`re washing, drying, applying, and removing with quality products, your paint should hold up fine to using those products regularly.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive been quecking out ONR stuff looks perfect for me. im thinking an ONR wash once a week with a quick detailer finish could work for me. and use a sealant every 3 months. now how about interior hows armor all leather gel and standard armor all wipes and stuff for my interior?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are a lot better, locally-available, just-as-cheap options for the interior. I use Meguiar`s Ultimate Quik Interior detailer (I think that`s what it`s called) and it seems fine to me. I use Meguiar`s gold class leather stuff, but I`ve only had leather for a couple of months so I can`t really say how much I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 11accord
    ive been quecking out ONR stuff looks perfect for me. im thinking an ONR wash once a week with a quick detailer finish could work for me. and use a sealant every 3 months. now how about interior hows armor all leather gel and standard armor all wipes and stuff for my interior?

Please don`t use AA, get a quality product such as Ultima Interior Guard Plus. Don`t let the price scare you as a little goes a LONG way and you can use it on ANY part of the interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so im looking to do onr once a week with a quick detailer finsiher. what about sealants what do you guys reccomend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 11accord
    ok so im looking to do onr once a week with a quick detailer finsiher. what about sealants what do you guys reccomend.

I use BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection (quite a mouthful). Great stuff.

Have it on two daily daily drivers that have never see the inside of a garage. They still look good after 5+ months.

I also use the ONR for maintnance washes. Great stuff as well.

I use a Quick Detailer after every time I wash. I use the Blackfire Quick Detailer which works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    and since the car is brand new when is the first time you think i should clay (which i am apprehensive about). and when should i throw the first sealant coat on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash/degrease car with Dawn (if you can get near a hose)

Clay

Wash again

Apply sealant

Thread Information