Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ltebow34
    The same product you were banned for spamming years ago and now continue to hint and spam today under the radar?

Must be referring to Matrix Micro Coatings & their "lifetime warranty".
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hjscm
    okay so bought a new 11 lexus gx 460. and i fell for the protection. didn`t care for exterior but the interior looked like a good deal. guaranteed for 7 years if any spot cannot be removed or look like a new vehicle the replace. if the leather fades or cracks it gets replaced. any spots on paint if can`t be polished or sanded out get replaced. liked it cause i have dogs that ride in my car. just wondering how good this is? tried to sell me on never having to wax my car again. yeah right but liked the idea of cracking leather being replaced. is it bogus or what?

thanks

I just bought a minivan and was offered the EnviroGuard and took it, however, it has not been applied yet. When I did a google search your posting came up. Since our posting is 3-yrs old, I wanted to find out how you like the product and its performance on your Lexus?

My van is 3wks old and the tan leather driver`s seat is already looking dirty from my jeans. I`m hoping the EnvioGuard will help with that.

The clock is ticking on the number of days I`ve got left to cancel this for a refund, so I`d appreciate any feedback you`ve got. If this product is crap, I was considering calling around to dealerships for a better known product like Simonz glass coating.

For others, I am not interested in hand waxing this beast every few months or even once a year. It`s just too much work. I paid $400 for 7yr exterior and interior plan. That breaks down to $60/yr. I can`t even wash my car monthly for cheaper than $5/mo. I`m not someone who washes my car religiously. It is parked outside in New England weather, in the sun and elements.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msavy11
    I just bought a minivan and was offered the EnviroGuard and took it, however, it has not been applied yet. When I did a google search your posting came up. Since our posting is 3-yrs old, I wanted to find out how you like the product and its performance on your Lexus?

My van is 3wks old and the tan leather driver`s seat is already looking dirty from my jeans. I`m hoping the EnvioGuard will help with that.

The clock is ticking on the number of days I`ve got left to cancel this for a refund, so I`d appreciate any feedback you`ve got. If this product is crap, I was considering calling around to dealerships for a better known product like Simonz glass coating.

For others, I am not interested in hand waxing this beast every few months or even once a year. It`s just too much work. I paid $400 for 7yr exterior and interior plan. That breaks down to $60/yr. I can`t even wash my car monthly for cheaper than $5/mo. I`m not someone who washes my car religiously. It is parked outside in New England weather, in the sun and elements.

Thanks

I have resolved several warranty issues for companies who sell protection packages. Not all of them are crooks and not all products are bad... It is important the dealership is versed in prepping the vehicles properly and applying the protection as directed by the manufacturer... In other words they should not mist on the fabric protection but apply liberally, and they should not skimp on the paint protection sealant but apply the required amount...and YOU SHOULD OBSERVE THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE WARRANTY ..

If you can find a detail shop in your area that has experience in applying protection to fabrics and paint you might want to consider them... Instead of calling people and asking them how much ....You might want to ask them what is the procedure they employ in applying the protection to paint and fabric instead of only how much?.

What I am hearing from you is that you are looking for a maintenance free vehicle... well I hate to disappoint you... but protection packages are not PERMANENT ARMOR PLATES THAT WARD OFF ALL ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS. You must be pro-active in the maintenance of the vehicle... you cannot leave tree sap on the paint and not remove, you cannot leave bird droppings on the paint and not remove promptly, can cannot wash with well water and not expect it will spot the paint... there are a lot of things you cannot do..BUT WHAT YOU MUST DO IS WASH FREQUENTLY AND REMOVE CONTAMINANTS AS SOON AS YOU SEE THEM. .and that means at least once a month you should be washing and preferably hand washing, or good soft cloth car wash... Gas stations and touchless are not ideal... soaps are usually strong and will remove protection over time, besides gas stations have tough bristles that will scratch the paint and they are usually not maintained well. The more you wash the easier it is to keep the vehicle clean. The analogy I give people is imagine if we did not take a bath regularly and left ourselves to the elements can you imagine what a wreck we would look like...

In addition you cannot expect with regularity to eat and drink, spill coffee and red juice on the carpets and mats and not think it will soil and sometimes deeply stain them... Protection can help but will not eliminate the indigo dye from coming off your jeans and staining the leather. Would suggest you pre-wash your new jeans in cold water and vinegar or place a covering over the seat until you are able to wash the jeans. Analine dyed leather jackets and belts will also stain the leather.

What we know from applying sealants for over 30 years is when applied well and frequently ..paint can look remarkable even after 20 years... as the old saying goes prevention is better than cure... so pro-active maintenance is the name of the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msavy11

Thanks

I think your money would be better spent finding a reputable detailer in your area that has experience applying OptiCoat or OptiGuard Store - Opti Coat 2.0 It is by no means a force field on your car, but is harder than most clears, will not wash off even with harsh commercial car wash products. Of all the coatings out there it is the most permanent. For a cloth interior you can apply a couple of coats of 303 Fabric Guard yourself or have the detailer apply it or any number of fabric coatings available today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street5927
    Under the "Exceptions", it clearly states "...damage caused by pets (other than blood, vomit and urine)...", so if your dog tears the Leather Interior, it will not be covered.

Or scratches the paint hanging out the window...
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the several responses, awesome advise and taking the time to explain your rationales. I wish I had seen these replies BEFORE I visited the dealership today to have the EnviroGuard treatment applied to the exterior and interior (leather seats and carpeting.

This is what happened...

The tech did a VERY sloppy job as there were dirty areas still on the van, obvious missed spots, drip marks everywhere, swirl marks with debris. I pointed out to the sales kid all of the places I had concern (there were many). So, they touched it up. Upon a 2nd inspection, I noticed that they didn`t apply the protectant to all painted surfaces. When I asked the sales kid about this, I was told that wasn`t necessary because it`s really all about the warranty. Plus, they don`t treat painted areas like the edge of the wheel well area because it`s prone to paint chips from rocks. Later, when at home, I noticed that the very center top of the van had been missed as well as water drip marks were obvious.

The interior was a sloppy mess with drip marks and, although I can`t prove it, I`m certain they didn`t apply the product on every surface. In fact, when I sent the van back in to be re-done I mentioned that the driver`s leather seat was dirty (they never noticed when applying the treatment) and they "attempted" to clean it-not very well because it was still dirty and has an ink stain (from me). The sales kid told me to call EnviroGuard to have it cleaned under warranty.

So, I decided to call the company and find out what areas should be treated and what is the proper procedure. Well, I was told that the product is suppose to be applied to ALL painted areas, not just certain surfaces. EnviroGuard is calling the dealership to make sure they are applying their product to all surfaces correctly on ALL cars and to contact me so I can come in AGAIN to have the treatment re-applied.

So, now to my new questions/concerns ....

Given the sloppy application and lack of thoroughly cleaning the exterior prior to applying the product, I`m wondering:

1) If the surface was properly prepped PRIOR to applying the protectant. Does this matter?

2) What needs to be done to "correctly" re-apply this product so that my vehicle is protected inside and out?

3) Does the van need to be prepped in a specific way PRIOR to reapplication (i.e., take the original coating off, then reapply, etc.)?

4) Should I ask the dealership to treat the car with an additional product?

5) Or, should I just try to get my money back or part of it due to the crappy job they did ... ugh!

Thanks for any help ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d try to get your money back and then spend that money with a reputable detailer and ask for an exterior coating and interior protection. The result will FAR surpass anything you`ll get from a hack dealership.

Find a detailer that posts their work on here so you know they do a good job, imo.

Post Thanks / Like

I found this thread trying to see if waxing an external-coated Enviroguard-coated car would detract from the protection of the Enviroguard. I did some reading when I had it done (2012 for a 2013 Mini Cooper) and weighed the pros against the cons and had it done. I know my opinion differs significantly from the consensus here, but I don`t regret it at all -- it takes me 3 hours to wash my car and I am not trying to spend another 2 hours waxing it. I`m a 51-year-old female whose muscles don`t store glucose and glycogen very well. My brother told me not to use soap when I wash my car. And the car`s care instructions say not to use a pressure water hose to wash it -- so no "Quik Car Wash Stops" for me like most people use if they don`t wash it at home.

`

But the main reason I don`t regret the Enviroguard is because in Florida, there is are two seasons of swarming bugs called "love bugs" -- May and September are when they usually swarm. The swarms are thick, and the bugs are "everywhere" during those seasons that last for about 4-8 weeks. If the bug parts and splatters aren`t removed immediately from your car after you run into a gazillion of them -- like as soon as you return from whatever errand you were on -- they will mar the paint surface to no repair. My car has a black roof and a white body, both of which would readily show marring by love bug splatter.

`

The Enviroguard has not allowed my car`s paint to be ruined by love bugs splatters. Additionally, any other bugs that get plastered to the front bumper and mirrors wash off with no marring as well. In fact, on some rainy days, the rain washes off the bug debris and splatters before I get a chance to wash it off. I`ve lived in FL 48 of my 51 years and I`ve never seen anything like that before!

`

I can`t say the Enviroguard is worth it for everyone else, but for keeping love bugs from destroying the finish of my brand new Mini, it was worth it for me. This is a pic not of the bugs (because they are black), but their "bug juice" -- and everywhere it dries for any period of time, it removes the clear coat in that area when the juice is washed off.

`

`

And no -- I do not work for a car dealership (never have), don`t get anything for plugging Enviroguard. I just have owned 3 cars before my Mini - all purchased new -- and have loathed every love bug season since my first car in 1980. My Mini has weathered 2 love bug seasons without a mark.

`

I just wanted to know if it was OK to have someone wax my car with the Enviroguard on it, or if the wax would detract from the Enviroguard`s protection, because wax does not protect from love bug damage.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not long ago, the owner of this car came by from Alabama for a consultation to repair the damage shown in the video. He paid a small fortune for the "coating" the dealership installed. This is how it looks after less than a year.

`

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_r403dIrU0
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like

Awful! Those look like bad swirl marks -- is that what they are? And some spots of marring that may have come from bug splatters or sap or something?

`

That`s why I wanted to check this board about adding wax to my car, because I don`t want it to contribute to marring the coated surface by changing the coated surface itself.

`

My neighbor offered to wax my car for me but he has swirl marks on his Lexus so I don`t think I`ll let him do my car. But then I started thinking that waxing might contribute more of a detriment than a benefit anyway, so I wanted to check.

Post Thanks / Like

No one can tell me if waxing will detract from the Envirogard coating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DillyDally303

No one can tell me if waxing will detract from the Envirogard coating?
    Why do you want to wax it?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    We moved to Florida a year ago. When I bought my car in February, I fell for the paint protection scam because of the love bugs. The bugs are every bit as bad as we`d heard. Unfortunately, either the protection they applied is worthless (Cilajet) or they didn`t apply it properly. In May I made a drive across the state and the love bugs were unbelievably thick. The bugs were washed off less than two hours later and already the paint was marred. Tried claying to no effect so it doesn`t seem that it was just something on the protection or paint. I complained to the dealership and they offered to reapply. I declined - what`s the point of having more bad product on my car?

I wish I`d known about products like OptiCoat a few months ago...

Post Thanks / Like

Reapplication isn`t fixing the paint that is damaged that requires a respray. You paid good money for a warranty product that is supposed to prevent this type of thing from happening. It obviously didn`t and the warranty will cover whatever it takes to fix.`

`

Opti-Coat is bulletproof when it comes to love bugs. (I lived in FL for 6 years) Check out this test thread I did and go to page 2 where you can see what it did against love bugs: `http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/1...y-test-review/
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    David - I agree with you regarding the warranty. My concern is that warranty work will be done by the dealer. I`d rather pay someone else to do it right than let the dealer work on the finish. I`ll take it up with them to see what they have to say.

The good news is that my trip across state was to a very good film/tint shop. I had an appointment for window tint for heat rejection. They washed off the bugs and pointed out the etching. They ended up putting a clear bra on for me. It hides the etching so at least I don`t have to see it until I get it fixed properly. And while they worked on my car, I got to oggle the 458 and R8 they had in the shop that day for paint protection film (along with my lowly car).

I`ll definitely have a look at the Opti-Coat thread you linked. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information