Post Thanks / Like
    My wife`s MDX had a sunroof leak during the last bout of heavy rains. It`s still under warranty so the dealership took care of the leak, pulled out the interior, and dried/shampooed the carpets. Is there anything I can do to make sure it doesn`t get moldy?

Thinking about doing one of einzett AC cleaner kits, worth it?

Also, apparently the problem was caused by an air diverter the original dealer put on. I`ve always had a hard time cleaning under it. Think I`m going to go to a combination of removing it every so often to clean and cleaning it from inside the car with the sunroof open. Any other ideas?

TIA,

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Did the headliner get wet? Is there any odor coming from inside since the problem? How wet did the interior get?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out the air deflector on the sun roof (installed at the dealer before we bought the car new) had it`s drain blocked. There was a small line of the headliner (where it meets the front roof a pillar) that got wet. No odor other than the strong scent of the air freshener that they must have dipped the entire interior in. The dealer removed the entire carpet and underlayment (and seats) and dried it out. When we discovered the problem the floorboard of the front passenger seat had standing water in it. I wet dry vacced it out but couldn`t get it done. Think the floor is probably ok. They said there was still some mustiness in the vents so I got one of those einszett HVAC cleaner kits (arrived today). Anybody have experience with the HVAC cleaner kits?

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car is under warranty, I wouldn`t settle for anything less than 100%. If there`s mustiness in the vents, that could mean that the water leaked behind the dash and into the insulation behind it. Mold loves dark places and before you know it there could be a major problem. Air freshens usually equate to masking/hiding the underlying problem. Keep an eye on the smell and see if it gets worse. Also invite someone else to smell the inside of your car to see if they smell something because you could get used to the smell after a while. Good luck. Also, is there any water line left on the headliner?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with David. 100% If it is under warranty they should take care of the problem.
    MDRX8

Thread Information