Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys

I tried hand polishing the car, but no luck at all. same results nothing happens.

I clay bar, it comes out smooth but. Car still looks dull. I don`t think it is base/clear.

Its a 2004 White Vic. The whole car has a dull (no that shiny) look to it.

See in pics. Or is it time for repaint? Like I said, nothing I have tried by hand works (including rubbing compound). Very dull reflection. I can`t tell, because its hard for me to tell whats on the surface on a white car. Oxidized, oversprayed??

I want to purchase a PC, with a Einszett Extra Paint Cleaner (with cutting Pad), and Hanz Wax (Finishing Pad). Will this combo work?? I would like to know before I spend the money.

Thanks, Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    not that i`m an authority on this, but looks like either hazing or oxidation..machine polish might help--but try a paint decontamination system--accumulator likes ABC from value guard ...or was it valu? i forget

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of these kits before. Maybe someone knows more.

I am willing to try as long as I know it will work.

I will do some search on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    pretty much what it is, is a re-visitation of the old method of paint cleaning--which was chemically--i believe it removes oxidation but I`m not entirely sure...but as far as I know--trying to tackle a job like this via polish is crazy. It takes an incredible amount of time to get results by hand when you can cut it down EXPONENTIALLY by DA

Post Thanks / Like
    I am willing to get the PC, but I need to know what product works. Don`t wanna get them, if it needs a repaint.

Its funny though. I had a brown 1971 LTD. that was oxidized to crap. And I did it all by hand (rubbing compound, polish, and wax) and it was amazing what came back.

But this 04 Ford. I can`t seem to get by with anything by hand. So I am a bit hesitant if it needs a new paint job. Or can be removed with polish and PC polisher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, I don`t know what you`ve could`ve done to have it fail? I mean it`s only 04 which is why I`m inclined to say it should be fine to say polish with say a tangerine hydrotech pad with m205...but I don`t know--hopefully one of the wiser, experienced guys will chime in....

I`m not saying it can`t be done by hand--but often times (especially lately with the crazy clear coats) it turns into more trouble than it`s worth

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it had to be resprayed because its an ex-police cruiser. I can see some overspray on some of the rubber moldings. Is why I can`t tell. It really doesn`t look like base/clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike667
    It really doesn`t look like base/clear coat.

Are you getting white paint transferred to the pad you are trying to polish with? If not then it has a cc on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    but if it`s heavier oxidation, wouldn`t some people mistake that coming off as paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    bigmike667- This caught my eye as I have a white `01 Crown Vic finally on it`s way back from the tuner

But if this is a repaint then it`s a crapshoot anyhow :nixweiss I can`t tell what`s going on, but I somehow suspect it`s *NOT* oxidation (just a guess though).

You really oughta get a polisher anyhow though, but I wouldn`t get that 1z Extra (which I do use for some things) for a boatload of reasons.

Try Meg`s Ultimate Compound or M105. You might want to follow that up with something, and the 1Z Paint Polish isn`t bad. Their 1Z High Gloss is another good one (again, for use after something stronger).

Post Thanks / Like
    No paint is coming off on any of the pads.

But when I used that turtle wax rubbing compound. The red compound. It blended the red colour into the paint/clear coat though???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike667
    No paint is coming off on any of the pads.

But when I used that turtle wax rubbing compound. The red compound. It blended the red colour into the paint/clear coat though???

Sounds like b/c paint then, but I`d quit using that TW compound...really.

Get some of the Meg`s Ultimate Compound or some M105 and I bet it`ll go a whole lot better.

If you can`t find the UC OTC, check the yellow pages and see what your local autobody/paint supply store has to offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay,

I mean it has like 1 million fine scratches or oxidation, will the PC and this compound work? I want this thing shining and can see a good reflection.

I was also curious, could I wetsand 2000 grit, and polish or what?

Also, let me know what I need, in total

I was thinking PC, Megs UC, what wax/finish should I use???, And a new clay bar.

(will be getting it from eshine since I am from Canada)

Post Thanks / Like
    b/c = badly conditioned?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexshimshimhae
    b/c = badly conditioned?
    i think he means base coat clear coat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information