Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I orders a bunch of microfiber towels from Pak Shak, but I forgot the detergent. Is there something I can use that will work well in its place?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Kirkland (from Costco) brand Ultra Free & Clear. For OTC, I would suggest Tide Free. Just make sure you choose a liquid and not a powder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup liquid Tide works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    While MF detergents work unusually well for me (my water? my washers? Who knows why, but they do :nixweiss ), you can also get great results with Dawn. Yeah, Dawn in the washing machine. Just don`t use too much and do sufficient rinses.

Post Thanks / Like
    I either use dawn or woolite original.

Always double rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Yup, a little bit of Dawn and alot of hot water works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    While MF detergents work unusually well for me (my water? my washers? Who knows why, but they do :nixweiss ), you can also get great results with Dawn. Yeah, Dawn in the washing machine. Just don`t use too much and do sufficient rinses.

which mf detergents do find work the best? i`m using chemical guys and am running low so need to replace soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    which mf detergents do find work the best? i`m using chemical guys and am running low so need to replace soon.

I have been using micro-restore. I picked it up when autogeek was having a buy-one get-one deal. It works very well for me. I put about 50% more than recommended and always do a double-rinse cycle. Putting the recommended amount (1oz for small loads and 2oz for large loads) never seemed to return them to their new-plushness. Using 1.5 oz for small loads or 2.75-3oz for large loads has been the ticket for me.

I was actually thinking of trying chemical guys once this runs out. How do you like it?
    Shawn

Houston Area Mobile Detailing

FinalTouchAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit

I can`t help but think that "hey...they`re all the same", but it just doesn`t work out that way for me :think:

I get the best results with Micro-Restore or MicroPak.

I`m currently using up stuff from Danase, and it`s only so-so IMO. Ditto for the stuff he sold that was apparently from CG ("if you like CG you`ll like this, if not then you won`t").

But it`s hard to do truly valid comparisons since my MF washloads aren`t always the same sort of soiling/etc. so :nixweiss.

So I`m back to my original "eh, they`re probably all about the same" even though my experiences seem to dispute that!

Talk about a mealy-mouthed reply

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used DP and CG. I could not tell any obvious difference. From the recommended usage, CG is supposed to be slightly more concentrated. I got a gallon of Micro-Restore now so I will see how that works. I just think the watery mf detergents rinse better than the gelish normal clothes soaps.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    since none of them seem to stand out i`ll probably just try some dp as its buy one get one right now. having not really used any of the others i can`t comment on how well it works, does work better than regular liquid laundry soap (we use cheer).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by christian1971
    I orders a bunch of microfiber towels from Pak Shak, but I forgot the detergent. Is there something I can use that will work well in its place?

Pakshak has a mf cleaner called Formulon 1 and does a great job in cleaning and softens your mfs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Pakshak has a mf cleaner called Formulon 1 and does a great job in cleaning and softens your mfs.

(Save me a trip to Ranney`s website...) Is this different from the "regular" MicroPak detergent?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

Does the Dawn produce excessive soap suds that would require extra extra extra rinsing?
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    wash em with dawn and vinegar mix, then the amount of times i rinse depends on suds as it goes
    Eric

Arrest-Me-Red 93 TA

Aim: ShortyD43

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information