Post Thanks / Like
    I finally bit the bullet and replaced my 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage (with 180k on the odometer) with a new to me 2009 Toyota Rav4. The color is officially called Pyrite Mica. It is sort of a darker tan with a metallic flake. I am curious as to how easy Toyota paint is to correct and what wax/sealant choices would best complement this offbeat color.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience toyota has some of the softest paint on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    My best friend ever has the same SUV in the same colour; I just prep`d it recently, actually. Like bridgersmith I found the paint was relatively soft. I didn`t have much compounding to do since it was new, but there were a few decent rids; they were cleaned up easily sans wetsanding, and the paint finished well with a very light combo (FPII/blue LC pad)...so yes, soft side of average imo. FWIW, I found the colour to look more grey-ish than tanish, but maybe thats just me.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    @Picus:

I tend to agree, it does have some grey in it. Thank you and "Bridgersmith" for the quick replies. Overall the vehicle is in good shape, but does have tunnel wash indused swirling. I plan on doing a full correction this week and will post pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 09 Scion (toyota) and the clear is soft. Very nice to work with since it cleans up so easy. I used SIP on a Flex with a white LC. Used some pressure on the panels and worked pretty slow when doing my passes. Everything cleaned up great. I`d say correction was in the 90%+ range. My friend has a black Rav-4 they`re nice, my mom has an older on. Great cars, enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    your welcome longdx. you might want to do something for the front of it like a clear bra. I`ve seen tons of toyotas with tons of stone chips in the front, here in wisconsin you can actually see where the sand from the winter just pelted the cars and some were only a year or 2 old. just a head`s up! good luck with the correction and have fun!

Thread Information