Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody use one? I`m sure there are flashlights out there that are powerful enough... does anybody have one or should I do a little spending myself?

Post Thanks / Like
    My car came with an LED flashlight. With the flash light it is possible to paint imperfections but since it only illuminates a small spot it is not that useful.
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear an ever ready headlamp while I`m working. I got it at Target, it puts out 100 lumens and the batteries go a few days, maybe ten hours full on time, but because it`s on my head I can see pretty much everything I need to see all the time. Plus, it`s a babe magnet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the one for my road bike, 180 lumen LED, definitely bright enough. You can see in this thread how well it worked outside on a cloudy day.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...evy-truck.html
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Snap on sells a LED flash light that has a little blue LED in the middle of eight white LED`s. I don`t know what the blue light is for or what the lumen count is but the flashlight showed swirls like mad. I was working on a red GTR and that clear is so damn funky that it came in handy. Unfortunately the light belonged to the owner and since it came from Snap on it probably costs two hundred dollars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised no one mentioned the Fenix flashlights. I`m using the TK11R2. Great on any color and it shows certain holograms as well. Its small and very versatile as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eyezack87
    Surprised no one mentioned the Fenix flashlights. I`m using the TK11R2. Great on any color and it shows certain holograms as well. Its small and very versatile as well.
    +1 and it`s so small you can carry it in your pocket, but it will empty out your pockets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteWizard
    I wear an ever ready headlamp while I`m working. I got it at Target, it puts out 100 lumens and the batteries go a few days, maybe ten hours full on time, but because it`s on my head I can see pretty much everything I need to see all the time. Plus, it`s a babe magnet.

Lol Robert my wife loves my saftey glasses with led`s on the sides. She practiclly rapes me every time I put them on. To the OP yes leds are great but get one with a high lumen rating of 100 plus. Remix lights are costly but worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my first correction with the help of a Brinkmann. Good price for a rechargeable LED, works well on showing imperfections/scratches/marring and I like the rubber around the lens area so you can`t scratch your paint by mistake.

It also makes a good spare flashlight with a lot of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103
    I just did my first correction with the help of a Brinkmann..

It also makes a good spare flashlight with a lot of power.

Eh, I like the Brinkman a lot better as a spare flashlight/trouble light than I do for spotting marring. Maybe it`s just me.... :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    +1 and it`s so small you can carry it in your pocket, but it will empty out your pockets.
    I got mine for twice the price as a Brinkmann . It should last a hell of a lot longer than my Brinkmann too. I broke that thing when I dropped it once at waist height

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Eh, I like the Brinkman a lot better as a spare flashlight/trouble light than I do for spotting marring. Maybe it`s just me.... :nixweiss

No doubt there are better options, and especially for pros, but for someone who just did his first correction and only plans to do them on my car every year or so, the price was right and it worked well enough for somebody not seeking perfection.

Post Thanks / Like
    tmg19103- Eh, I just don`t see marring well with the Brinkman. I bought it based on the rave reviews its received here (especially from guys I respect like Mike Phillips) and was utterly stunned by how disappointed I was. But I do try to qualify my slams with that "maybe it`s just me" since it seems to work so well for everyone else. For the money, *I* do better inspecting with my $20 incandescent trouble lights, but they`re a completely different sort of animal compared to a cordless light.

Not arguing, just trying to clarify my position, and if the Brinkman works well for you then I`m glad to hear it. It is a good utility light and I reach for it pretty often.

And FWIW, I`m far from a Pro detailer, and I seldom do more than one correction annually myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know when most mention Brinkmans, they`re referring to the Maxfire Dual Xenon, but just saw that they also have TuffMax Dual LED Pivot Spotlight for only $10 more. Anyone have any experiences with that?

Thread Information