Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone, well I`m only days away from receiving my GG polisher with ALL the trimmings! Super excited to see what I can do with it. I bought my truck last year, it`s an 06 Ram 4x4 and came with some "experience" marks on it. Late last year I primied and "pened" the scratch`s the best I could. For the most part it is fine, however there is a bit of raised "paint" when I filled in the scratch`s that I wanted to know what I could do to smooth them out? There are a few that I still need to work a little more on with the paint pen and clear coat applicator but I wanted to get some feedback from others. Here are a few of them:

Also on my plastic chrome grill I`ve noticed this fading. It`s not rough or bubbly, just looks pitted without any tecture. It`s still very smooth, like plastic, just not very shinny. Anything I can do for this as well?

I know it`s a horrible picture, the sun and clouds havn`t been cooperating here lately for a better shot. I ordred the Megs 105/205 and the LC HydroTech pads (all 3) but I wanted to know if I`ll need something else to complete this task, if it is completeable for what I have. I`m not super comfortable in the wet sanding as I don`t want to have to do an entire area of the truck to make it blend in (at least that`s how I remember the old days of wet sanding). Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr
    Hey everyone, well I`m only days away from receiving my GG polisher with ALL the trimmings! Super excited to see what I can do with it. I bought my truck last year, it`s an 06 Ram 4x4 and came with some "experience" marks on it. Late last year I primied and "pened" the scratch`s the best I could. For the most part it is fine, however there is a bit of raised "paint" when I filled in the scratch`s that I wanted to know what I could do to smooth them out? There are a few that I still need to work a little more on with the paint pen and clear coat applicator but I wanted to get some feedback from others.

Finish filling in the rest of them so they`re all above the surface of the oe paint.

Then either remove/level the excess with something like Langka or wetsand it smooth with 2K paper. Be careful wetsanding as it`s not all *that* hard to have an "oops!".

The GG will almost certainly need small 4" pads to remove sanding scratches, and it`ll also require a pretty aggressive product...like M105.

Also on my plastic chrome grill I`ve noticed this fading. It`s not rough or bubbly, just looks pitted without any tecture. It`s still very smooth, like plastic, just not very shinny. Anything I can do for this as well?

AFAIK chromed plastic can`t be fixed, only replaced.

I ordred the Megs 105/205 and the LC HydroTech pads (all 3) but I wanted to know if I`ll need something else to complete this task, if it is completeable for what I have. I`m not super comfortable in the wet sanding as I don`t want to have to do an entire area of the truck to make it blend in (at least that`s how I remember the old days of wet sanding). Thanks everyone!

If you`re not comfortable with/confident about the wetsanding (and I do understand that!), then I`d look into the Langka "blob eliminator" stuff. Not perfect but it can work OK and at least it won`t hurt much of anything; worst case is usually just that it takes off all the touchup paint.

If you bought ~6" pads you might find that they`re too big to do serious correction, even with the GG`s power. See how it goes.

Thread Information