Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I read lots of threads on ONR apparently it works really good even for the dirtiest cars of not scratching and cleaning the car well..

Well I also read people still did the two bucket method. HOW?

Do you get 2 buckets fill them up with water and add the solution to both? Or do you get 2 buckets fill them up with water and add the solution to one and dip in the water after each panel then dip in solution then back to the car?

Proper way to use ONR? Its 106 in Vegas and 98 at night. I try to wash my BLACK car day or night and by the time im rinsing the other side one side has Spotted really bad!! Its no fun trying to get out water spots or water spot etching either!

So I figured ONR could solve my problems.

Any input on washing in this weather or proper way to use ONR would be great! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax has a video that will help you: Washing with ONR video: YouTube - Washing with Optimum No Rinse

I get two 5 gallon buckets...fill one with water, one with water and ONR...grit guards in both...and do as you said...dip in water after each panel and then into solution and back to car. I dry each section after washing it...especially in hot weather.

I wouldn`t recommend ONR for a super dirty car - just use some common sense and you should get good results - it`s a great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use ONR in 2 buckets. Both filled a little over half way, both with grit guards. I put solution in the wash bucket and no solution in the rinse bucket. Dip in wash, wipe straight lines and then rinse, rubbing the sponge on the grit guard to loosen any contaminants. Then into the wash bucket for a quick swish and then back to the truck.

On a super hot day, I would start at the top, do a couple of panels and then wipe dry with a microfiber. On normal days, I will spray off the entire vehicle in the shade, and then wash with ONR.

ONR is ph neutral, so even if it dries in the sun, it won`t cause etching. Just a quick spritz of QD and it wipes right off. Awesome stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice also.. another question directions on the bottle say use with MF towel. Do I have to? or can I use a sheepskin mitt and just dry with a MF towel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Answers will vary somewhat here. I always use a genuine sheepskin mitt and a waffle weave mf to dry. I have noticed that the ONR wreaks havoc on the sheepskin mitt over time...but it takes a long time for it to kill the mitt. Finding a decent sheepskin mitt that won`t shed is challenging. Bass Pro Shops sells a nice lambs wool mitt in the boat section that doesn`t shed at all - it`s a very nice mitt for around $15 - really, the best I have found after purchasing about 10 different brands.

Others use mf wash mitts...chenille mitts...grout sponges...you name it. For me, sheepskin/lambs wool has worked just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use two sponges, one 5-gallon bucket, and a grit guard. I dedicate one sponge for washing and the other for rinsing. The "rinsing" sponge stays almost perfectly clean. I then get out the hose and "sheet" the entire car before spraying the paint with FK425 and drying with a WWMF.

I use MF sponges from Target that were recomended by Scottwax. They are white and sorta shaped like a bone.

I used to use two 5-gallon buckets (both witn ONR) but decided it was wasteful.
    09 Infiniti G37 Journey with Premium Pkg - Lakeshore Slate

08 Infiniti FX35 w/ Sport & Premium Pkgs - Beryllium

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a blue microfiber dog bone shaped sponge, much like the one ScottWax uses in his video.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Lowes Grout Sponge to wash. I use a single bucket method but I also blow off the big stuff with a pressure washer if it`s really bad. Two medium knap MFs to dry. One I completely submerge into the ONR solution and wring it out. The other is dry. Use the wet one on the 1st drying pass and a dry one on the 2nd drying pass....because of course a wet MF drys better than a dry one. One panel at a time of course especially when working in direct sun.

I haven`t done a traditional wash in over two years.
    Abralon Surfaced-Makita Powered-Club Flex Finished

Thread Information