Post Thanks / Like
    Slight comic nature to this post, but the end results have actually been promising....

I picked up a new set of wheels for my DD last fall and the new wheels are painted silver inside and out versus my previous set which were machined outside and painted black inside. The new wheels were cleaned with P21S, clayed and topped inside and out with several coats of FK1000P. Regardless, the brake dust always shows on the silver wheels. I wash the outer wheel with ONR and a cross-hatched grout sponge which works great, but was looking for something to easily remove the brake dust inside the wheel that wouldn`t break my knuckles. I wasn`t looking for a wash media, just something to dust the insides of the wheels.

Here is what I came up with:

This is an off-the-shelf duster from Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond (not sure which). I attached it to the Milwaukee at setting 2 (lowest torque setting) and use it to get to the inside of the wheel for minor brake dust clean-up. Since my new wheels are a Mesh pattern this works very well (this may not work for other types of wheels).

I`ve been using it for a couple weeks (~ 6 uses) and so far so good. I don`t use it to wash the insides of the wheels, after rain or notable build-up, simple dusting. To "clean out" the build up on the pictured apparatus I max the drill speed and run it clockwise and counter-clockwise a few times.

Curious if anyone has tried this? I`m pretty happy with the results and the cost is minimal. Since it`s the interior of the wheel I am not concerned about marring and also utilize light pressure for the dusting.

Am I nuts or is this a decent idea?

Here`s a picture of the current wheels:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hilarious yet ingenius. Hats off to you, sir.

/me scurries away to try to patent said device

Thread Information