Post Thanks / Like
    I keep getting buffer trails in dark paint with my rotary ! and its driving me crazy....i feel 100% comfortable using this machine now...i`ve done over 30 cars with it now...but I still get very faint buffer trails....STILL ! .

I recently did a 98 lincoln continental ( jacked that spelling up )

compounded the trunk with orange pad and 105...followed up with white pad and 205....still had trails...then followed up with blue pad and po85rd....STILL FAINT TRAILS !! what the heck...i then followed up with my PC with a white pad and 205 and they came out...but what the heck am I doing wrong !!!

and I posted a thread a while ago about getting a tornador gun....everyone said positive things about it...i baught one and love it...thanks for the input guys !

-Derek

Post Thanks / Like
    105 maybe to aggressive and finishing with a rotary is not as easy as most people think. just keep practicing

Post Thanks / Like
    For me at least, every time i compound with wool and a rotary, it`s guaranteed holograms. Now for the foam pads and a lighter polish, try finishing out at the lowest possible speed with the rotary for the last couple passes. It seemed to work quite well for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    i feel that i try all these...my finishing skills are just moderate for now...i guess i just need for practice

Post Thanks / Like
    Could also depend on the paint you`re working on. Some finish out better than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Soft paint like jet black Bangled BMWs can be tough to finish out hologram free. Otherwise, the key is keeping the pad flat during all steps and finishing out each step at around 1000 rpms even if you work the product at 1400-1600 rpms.

You might want to try using #105 with a polishing pad after using a cutting pad prior to using #205. Also, when used properly on faint holograms, 3M`s Ultrafina #06068 will finish out hologram free on all but the very softest paints.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information