Post Thanks / Like
    Well heres the deal for me, no garage space (I live with family and the 3 car garage is taken up by 3 Cars of all things!).

I have to store my gear outside...and currently I have a big rubber maid type container that I store most of my things in. I want something easy to just load into the car for a job, but something that can take a beating from the insane Az sun (115 degrees and up anyone?)

The one i currently have stays in a shaded area...and i keep things ontop of the lid for further shade. It works great for spray bottles/waxes/compounds/polishes etc. but not the best for my MF`s.

So I was thinking of gettin another big one like this..maybe keep most of my `wash` gear in one...my `buffer` gear in the other...but still not sure about MF`s. I know ziplock bags work good but...I`ve got a lot of MF`s lol so I want something a little more simpe than that, but something thats not real expensive.

So what do you guys use for all your stuff (especially when going to a job). Pics/Prices/ and Places (where you bought it) would be helpful too!

thanks all

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on how much stuff you have, you may want to buy 1 or 2

of those detailing bags from autogeek or GriotsGarage.com. Even in a

rubbermaid type container(which is what I use in winter time downstaitrs) I`m not sure what the heat will do to your product.

Autogeek Detailer`s Tool Bag, detailing bag, detailing supplies bag, storage bag, tool box, buffer bag, car care organizer, buffing pads organizer

Post Thanks / Like
    how about something like this Orbis Fli-Pak Totes | U.S. Plastic Corp. home depot and costco sell something very similar only with a colored lid. have at least three for car stuff.

home depot Best Plastics 12 Gallon Flip Top Tote - MB1965 at The Home Depot costco`s is about the same usually a different color lid

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this would work for you, or how much stuff you have, but I use several of these:

Sterilite - 1896: Large ShowOffsâ„¢ Storage Container

Tight fitting snap on lids. Not air-tight, but a pretty tight fit.

Local Walmart has them for about $4.75 each. A bargain since they are made so tough I will have them for life. Tall enough for tall bottles. They fit perfectly on my shelving.

I use one for my PC buffer, a second for pads, a third for high-end clean MF towels, a fourth for medium to low grade MF towels, another for sealants and poishes...you get the idea.

The handle is nice as you can easily carry them around.

I can take just the ones I need when I need them.

Also, since they are smaller, you might be able to stash several of these in the garage in unused spaces rather then have them out in the elements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow i like all the ideas so far.

The detail bag would be ideal for ALL the time uses but the $45 for a bag kinda kills me...im more on the $5 range with the other ones that were suggested lol.

I would like to have one for wash/dressing/cleaning stuff...one for buffer/pads...one for MF`s and one for polish/compound/wax goodies....I could easily add 2 more to the list but I`m trying to not go TOO crazy lol....but at $5 a pop it is very tempting.

I might run to HD and/or walmart to check them out myself to see their size....i wonder if sams club would carry anything I could use. Thanks for the posts so far guys!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a custom made billet aluminum box with nitrile O ring and 4 screws to tightly seal my most precious sealants-and it only cost $1000:LOLOL:woot:

Seriously, I store mine in cardboard boxes in a spare room.

Post Thanks / Like
    I store the smaller bottles etc in stackable milk crates. It works really well for the space I`m using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I had a custom made billet aluminum box with nitrile O ring and 4 screws to tightly seal my most precious sealants-and it only cost $1000:LOLOL:woot:

was it made from a block of solid billet? trust you have the skull custom engraved on it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I grabbed four 58 Quart plastic tubs from wally world today...they were about $5.50 each.

Have 2 complaints with them so far...

A. its not a FLAT bottom...about 1" out from the edge all the way around drops lower (thus making my bottles etc tilt or fall over if I dont have it PACKED like crazy)

B. The lids suck major *** to say the least. There is just a little tab on either side of the lid to hold it on thats only about 1/2" long (im being generous with the 1/2")....and being that it doesnt have any real `handles`...just a little indention where you can put your fingers....as soon as you lift it up the lid pops off unless you have 5 lbs or under in it (so MF one works fine....compound/wax/polish one doesnt lol).

I might take them back and get something with a nicer lid and pay closer attention to the bottoms this time even if it costs me a couple extra bucks per container...then i can come home and REpack everything again!

At least this time it will all be organized and just a straight transfer...when i did everything tonight I had about 5 cardboard boxes and 1 BIG plastic container to have to sort thru/seperate/organize and fit into the correct boxes lol....fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like you`re getting there.

Thread Information