Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The only reason that someone would use a disposable diaper is that they where not shown but heard they where suppossed to use diapers. That`s the only way it could have happened because no one looks at a disposable diaper and goes maybe that will work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous
    I`ve seen people, literally use disposable diapers to apply final products.
    The reason for the smart-arse comments is that nobody on this forum (that I`m aware of) use disposable diapers. Hence, the wise-cracks. Don`t take it personally - it"s just funny to visualize. I`m sure people elsewhere may use them as you suggest. Just not here.

Really, thanks for nothing. I`ll stick with my microfibers.
    Good policy. You can`t beat a quality MF with anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous

But really though, it`s a simple question and instead of trying to help straighten out the situation most of you would rather make me out to look like an idiot.

It`s best to fold the plastic back and use some frog tape to hold it. If you cut the plastic off, more than likely the absorbant material will come out when using them. It took me a couple tries, but I finally got a nice method down.. I cant stress how important it is to use a clean diaper. The first couple of times I used some that were soiled, and the stuffing just fell out with VERY LITTLE pressure applied. I wouldnt use too much product either, once they absorb to much it becomes chunky and can leave streaks in the finish.. Hope this helps..

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just use a MF? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cathyodom
    The only reason that someone would use a disposable diaper is that they where not shown but heard they where suppossed to use diapers.

Well, in all fairness, they would be very effective in soaking up spills. Especially the kinds that the corresponding baby or young child is likely to produce.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see it now, everyone at the coin-op, disposable diaper in hand, drying their car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Systemtek
    It`s best to fold the plastic back and use some frog tape to hold it. If you cut the plastic off, more than likely the absorbant material will come out when using them. It took me a couple tries, but I finally got a nice method down.. I cant stress how important it is to use a clean diaper. The first couple of times I used some that were soiled, and the stuffing just fell out with VERY LITTLE pressure applied. I wouldnt use too much product either, once they absorb to much it becomes chunky and can leave streaks in the finish.. Hope this helps..

What would possess you to even hold a "soiled" diaper any longer than necessary, let alone try to use it on paint???? lol
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Without question, this is the strangest thread I have yet to see here.

I cant believe you are actually serious. Who have you seen use a disposable diaper, what did they apply, and how did it turn out?

Do they also scrub their paint with the squeegee at the gas station?

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet adult diapers would work better on large panels like the hood and roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    We use diapers as a final step when using a spray sealant. It`s incredibly soft, doesn`t scratch and doesn`t create a static charge like a microfiber towel.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    I bet adult diapers would work better on large panels like the hood and roof.

:werd:

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, i know it`s funny, but some of you guys are being pretty rash. I have seen a couple of concours videos where the lsp was removed with an actual diaper, like one you would use on your child. The videos I watched were linked through this site.

I won`t lie, when this thread was first posted all of the funny things ran through my head. We need to remember people are here to learn and if they are treated this way some may never come back and never really have a fair chance to be a great detailer.

sorry about the preaching

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant stop laughing!!!!!!!!

Where`s THEALS input???????

Post Thanks / Like
    Do I use diapers? Depends.

You know, if you were hardcore, you`d detail with diapers while the baby is still wearing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    We use diapers as a final step when using a spray sealant. It`s incredibly soft, doesn`t scratch and doesn`t create a static charge like a microfiber towel.

John

I know I heard it said in your video but, do you disposable or the cloth? If you do use disposable please explain the process of prepping the diaper for use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information