Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have an entire day to devote to using m105/205 and applying a coat of wax. If I was to start part of the car today and finish on Saturday, would the panels that I do today be ok without wax for a few days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Barring anything unusual happening (like volcano eruption, major sandstorm etc) and as long as the surface is clean. Another way would be to complete each section as you go. Start with 105-205 then apply what ever LSP you are going to use to the finished section, rather than wait until the whole vehicle is prepped then applying your LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherray
    ..Another way would be to complete each section as you go. Start with 105-205 then apply what ever LSP you are going to use to the finished section, rather than wait until the whole vehicle is prepped then applying your LSP.

Yeah :xyxthumbs

Whenever I have to piecemeal a car, or when I`m just doing a panel or two for some reason, I take the areas of operation all the way to "LSPed".

There was anothe thread recently about how doing this isn`t normally feasible (normally you`d do the whold car with M105, then with M205, and then you`d wax it), but as exceptions go, this is a solid-gold one. If you can`t do the whole vehicle, do what you can *completely*.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I read that thread about it not being so great but in my situation it may be best since I only have so much time I can devote to it at a given period.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll just have to be a little careful so you don`t mess up the already-done sections when you work on the not-yet-done adjacent ones. If/where it`s gonna be *very* tough to do that, just plan it out so you can do those panels at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always take into account that there will be some overlap, so I tend to go in a wider area with the finishing polish (as my compounding I try to be as diligent as possible).

Post Thanks / Like
    Do it in pieces including the wax then when all is said and done wax the whole thing again.

Thread Information