Post Thanks / Like
    A guy installing my new A/C compressor is a weekend detailer. He`s been singing the praises of something called Jax Wax. I looked over their Web site and outside of a few distributors here n there it appears the guy that makes the stuff peddles it primarily at shows and meets... kinda like the snake oil salesman you see hawking all kinds of crap.

This guy shows up with a bottle of the stuff, it`s watery thin, you have to keep shaking it to keep it mixed and it smells like wax. Nothing fancy. I tried it on a freshly polished panel and was rewarded with an incredilby high gloss and super-slick finish... every bit as slick as BFWD or Powerlock. And believe it or not, easier to apply and remove!

We did a panel out in the sun on his ride and let it sit to the point that most waxes would take a crowbar to get off. Wiped right off clean and easy with no streaking. He said the last time he did his ride was last October... we sprayed his car down and the rest of the thing beaded almost as well as the just-applied panel. Sheets real nice too!

Just wondering if anybody`s heard of this stuff or uses it? I`d think the stuff would be perfect for someone doing production work or needing to work quick n easy. It`s thin enough to probably spray on. The stuff is cheap too.

Appreciate any feedback..... TL

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a bottle of their spray wax a couple years ago at a Super Chevy event in Norwalk OH. It can be applied in direct sunlight with no streaking and does leave a nice shine. Over time it has pretty much been pushed to the back of the shelf but this post has reminded me of how well it really works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Was this the Jax Wax Liquid Carnauba Paste Wax ? They have a variety of diff waxes...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought their QD at a show once. Nice and no streaking but really isn`t any better than Mothers Showtime which you can get at Autozone.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the description, it sounds similar to Wax Shop`s Super Glaze, which is a very thin, watery wax. Only lasts 6 weeks or so though.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystickid
    Interesting. Was this the Jax Wax Liquid Carnauba Paste Wax ?

That`s the stuff. Dunno how the rest of their stuff is but this is kinda impressive.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    By the description, it sounds similar to Wax Shop`s Super Glaze, which is a very thin, watery wax. Only lasts 6 weeks or so though.

Super Glaze was a much better product before Turtle Wax sucked `em up and altered the formula until it smelled like you`re spreading Hawaiian Tropic on your car. Super shine, super easy to use, slick surface and the petroleum-based carrier even removed tar and road film! I used to top it with 845 for longevity because you`re right, it didn`t last worth squat. Sure looked nice and easy and economical to use though!

I`ve still got about a half a bottle of the original I like to use on wheels before topping with something that`ll go the distance. WS Safe Cut was a nice cleaner and light polish as well. It`s still around if you look but most places around want you to commit to a case before they`ll order it.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    We used it when I worked at Lexus in Columbus. The stuff went on real easy but it didn`t last long at all.

My opinion is you can get better stuff at the auto stores or online.

Thread Information