Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    In the last 9days I`ve done 10cars. Mine, my dad`s, and I helped out a friend at her shop.

I`m beat, lol. I`d rather light my Flex on fire than look at it right now. Don`t get me wrong - detailing is totally fun and awesome, but car after car after car after car, and then thinking `these people really don`t appreciate what you`re doing; after 1 wash it`ll be back to sqare 1 really`. It`s almost at the point where, for somebody else, unless they paying me $$$$*$$$$$, it`s either white/106, or if that doesn`t put a dent in it it`s PFW/SIP the entire vehicle and clearcoat-survival be darned :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why I`m a hobbyist and not a full time detailer. I enjoy it, but doing it every day will suck the life out of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to get into it man. I want to get away from my desk work and be my own boss...

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya. That`s why I`m not going into this business, nor am I pursuing a career in music or exercise science. Both are hobbies I`m just as anal about, and love learning about and doing. But I want them to stay just that: hobbies. I feel that if I made it my job it would be, well...work. And I want it to always be fun- a break from work. It`s my way of getting away. If it became my job, it couldn`t be that any more. Plus, I feel the same way that you do about other people not appreciating it. I feel like I`d love to be a personal trainer for serious athletes that are dedicated to what they do and that really strive to understand the science behind everything and will absorb any and all information I throw at them. But since the reality is that 90% of the people that use personal trainers are people who have trouble sticking to a plan and need someone there to hold them accountable and encourage them, it would honestly kill me to work with them. Although people say that you should "do what you love," I think that you have to be careful how far you take that. But I also fully realize how people could do this job and totally love it, if they have great clients and really truly love doing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I truly love detailing my car. I would truly hate detailing other people`s cars for a living.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P-nut
    I truly love detailing my car. I would truly hate detailing other people`s cars for a living.

lol. ^This

Post Thanks / Like
    Because having a real job sucks. :lol
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

:LOLOL

very true scott . . . . . . at the same time when people have their cars corrected and then hit the tunnel wash it`s like they don`t appreciate what was just done.

Post Thanks / Like
    It hard to actually do a hobby you enjoy as a job. Because pretty soon you get tired of it since its your job and not something you go do to have fun and not worry about the daily grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do this for a living part time(summer months) and the rest of the year I am a CNC programmer/Tool and Die maker with a degree in engineering. I still consider detailing as a hobby even though it is a 40 plus hour work week in the summer because I love do it. I enjoy it so much that is does not seem like work to me. I have fun with it. Now this may be because I do have another job that is guarnteed to always be there so I may not be looking at it with a clear view.

- LI 85
    1985 Z-28 Camaro Black On Black 6speed 11.24 1/4 Mile --- All Guarded By ZAINO

2008 Tiburon GT

2002 Elantra GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I`m with you on the that one, I know my family now cause i do it for a living.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGravelle
    It hard to actually do a hobby you enjoy as a job. Because pretty soon you get tired of it since its your job and not something you go do to have fun and not worry about the daily grind.

I`ve never understood people who don`t want to do something for a living that they are passionate about. To me, it would suck a hundred times worse to do something every day for a living that you aren`t passionate about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by levander
    I`ve never understood people who don`t want to do something for a living that they are passionate about. To me, it would suck a hundred times worse to do something every day for a living that you aren`t passionate about.

I agree :xyxthumbs

Doing a job you don`t like would be a living Hell....

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only dream that I would be busy enough to suppoort my family on detailing... Maybe one day

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy the high end cars and could belt them out all day(if only I had the customer base). But when the soccer moms come to town to get their vans cleaned out.. I want to shoot myself.
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information