Thread: STI help

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a STI I have to detail next weekend, Easter weekend, and the guy who owns it wants me to get all the swirls out...so pretty much paint correction...but how touchy is subaru paint....and whats the best way to go about gettin all these out...DA or a rotary....I guess i`ll experiment as well when i get it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmurdock101
    I have a STI I have to detail next weekend, Easter weekend, and the guy who owns it wants me to get all the swirls out...so pretty much paint correction...but how touchy is subaru paint....and whats the best way to go about gettin all these out...DA or a rotary....I guess i`ll experiment as well when i get it

i worked on an STI a couple weeks ago, i used Menzerna P203S on a LC orange and followed up with Menzerna 106FF on a LC white and it came out amazing. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice, I think I might try m205 with light first then oragne is white doesn`t cut...then go from there

Post Thanks / Like
    Subaru paint is hit or miss. Sometimes it`s an easy correction, but sometimes it`s SUPER Sticky. This makes polishing with a rotary near impossible. I have had to break out a Cyclo before because the rotary just wouldn`t stay on the car. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Subaru paint is hit or miss. Sometimes it`s an easy correction, but sometimes it`s SUPER Sticky. This makes polishing with a rotary near impossible. I have had to break out a Cyclo before because the rotary just wouldn`t stay on the car. Best of luck.

Great advice and very true.

OP - test sections will surely help determine the paint`s needs and always start with a lighter combo and work your way to more and more aggressive. Once you find the golden combination for your situation (machine+pad+polish+backing plate+temperature+humidity+etc) then you`ll be good to go
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    i was really hoping you weren`t going to say it was sticky....dang...thats always the worst to work with....but thanks for the input guys

Thread Information