Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

Need some advice, I just recently picked up a set of CCW classics in the polished aluminum finish. The wheels are mirror polished and are uncoated aluminum. Overall the wheels look great, but under certain lights, I can see some marring from the machine polishing they did. I have tried several different products I had on hand with little success in removing the marring. Wenol red applied with a MF seemed to almost make the marring worse. Wenol blue applied with a MF had almost no affect on the marring. Today I tried applying mothers Billet polish with a blue nitrile glove as was recomended from searching the forum. I`m not totally clear on this method, but from my limited experience, i did not see any change in the finish. I used very light pressure and rubbed the polish around until it turned black, then used a MF to remove.

So my question is, can someone give me some tips on where to start with these wheels? They are brand new but have a mediocre polish job. I`d like to get some of the marring out, but they dont need to be 100% perfect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    `04 Audi S4 V8 | `79 Austin Mini Cooper

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures? I can`t imagine brand new wheels having issues. Have you called CCW? They`re very friendly and will probably be more than willing to point you in the right direction. Are you talking about the areas between the spokes or the actual surface/face of the wheel? I think the recessed areas aren`t finished to a mirror like the lip and the face are, so if you expect to get in there with your finger and a microfiber to make it better...I think you`re up a creek without a paddle.

Post Thanks / Like
    generally any aluminum that is machine polished will leave some marks like your seeing. the amount of work and effort it would take to reduce them any more may not be worth the time and/or money it would take.

Thread Information