Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of trying out the Optimum Spray Wax to use give some protection until I can do a full out detail, and as something add in between waxing. I don`t really know what is good at the moment when it comes to spray waxes, or if one is really better than the other since I have never used them before. So how does Optimum Spray Wax compare to what else is out there? Does it help give better visible beading after using it? I just want a quick way to add and help maintain protection.

Also, what is the best method at using this product, and what kind of microfibers should I use for removing it? The ones I have to wipe vehicles with are extremey soft, mainly used for removing polish and wax, and I don`t think that they will do well at all at wiping the spray off

Post Thanks / Like
    I only use the original OCW and I`ve heard that the new version is better.

I think OCW seems work very well, it does improve beading on old lsps. I just use the same mfs that I use for removing waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineIRL
    So how does Optimum Spray Wax compare to what else is out there? Does it help give better visible beading after using it? I just want a quick way to add and help maintain protection.

OCW is an excellent product, very easy to use and good protection. A similar product you might want to consider is Duragloss AquaWax.

Also, what is the best method at using this product, and what kind of microfibers should I use for removing it? The ones I have to wipe vehicles with are extremey soft, mainly used for removing polish and wax, and I don`t think that they will do well at all at wiping the spray off

Lightly mist a panel, spread with a soft MF, then flip the MF and remove any residue with the dry side. Simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smprince1
    OCW is an excellent product, very easy to use and good protection. A similar product you might want to consider is Duragloss AquaWax.

Lightly mist a panel, spread with a soft MF, then flip the MF and remove any residue with the dry side. Simple as that.

I agree, but isn`t AW a sealant and OCW a nuba with polymers? So, I wouldn`t use AW over a nuba, but OCW should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    love it use it once a week to keep the auto-mo-car looking top notch, quick easy and very effective very slick surfcae
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a great product. You want to make sure that you don`t overspray the panel `cause it might smear if the humidity is high.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help everyone. The MFs that I use for wiping polish and wax are the Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600. They work great a removing died on polish and wax, but are these too soft to absorb a liquid spray? Do you all think that these will just smear more the product around instead of absorbing the excess?

Right now I have Collonite 845 on as the last LSP I used, so will the OCW work fine with this or do I need to look at the Duragloss AW? I`m not for sure if 845 is really considered a sealer or a carnuba

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    I agree, but isn`t AW a sealant and OCW a nuba with polymers? So, I wouldn`t use AW over a nuba, but OCW should be fine.
    They`re both hybrids......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    OCW is by far one my favorite products

very easy application and looks great. i dont know about the durability only because i re-apply the wax every other wash only because it is so easy

=D

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help everyone. The MFs that I use for wiping polish and wax are the Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600. They work great a removing died on polish and wax, but are these too soft to absorb a liquid spray? Do you all think that these will just smear more the product around instead of absorbing the excess?

Right now I have Collonite 845 on as the last LSP I used, so will the OCW work fine with this or do I need to look at the Duragloss AW? I`m not for sure if 845 is really considered a sealer or a carnuba

ocw over 845 looks incredible on metallics ... it`s my favorite and long-lasting combo for metallic daily drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willtothewong
    OCW is by far one my favorite products

very easy application and looks great. i dont know about the durability only because i re-apply the wax every other wash only because it is so easy

=D
    And you my friend know how to care for a car...........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love OCW! It`s my favorite spray wax, and I`ve found it`s looks/durability are better than any of the over the counter products in my area. I use it over BFWD on my daily driver, once every other wash, which ends up being about every 2 weeks. I don`t "need" to re-apply that often, I just do because it`s so dang easy!
    "The Carfather"

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the stuff.

-Looks great on perfectly polished paint

-Does a nice job hiding imperfections on not so perfect paint

-Very easy to apply and a little goes a long way

-Looks like a real wax, deep and wet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    And you my friend know how to care for a car...........

haha why thank you =D

Post Thanks / Like
    I love OCW . It was my favorite until I tried Four Star Spray Wax with Polycharger. It is a little less finicky than OCW and may even yield a better shine. I got it from AG on BOGO. IME get a pump spray bottle for either as a little goes a long way. AG sells a great pump spray 12 oz. bottle IMO. If you use a trigger dont spray directly on surface or you will apply too much IME.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information