Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Where was ThomasC before I ordered my 4th gallon of ONR and got my sister started using it on her vehicles? Wish I had known it was only designed to wash clean vehicles. :LOLOL

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC
    Troll conclusion:

Thanks but not thanks. If pure profits are what motivates you then ONR will make you more money by reducing the time needed to do your detail.

And, the fact that Optimum does NOT use a dirty car in the video on the OFFICIAL Company website does, to any logically thinking person, indicate a lack of confidence in the product.

To maintain that the purpose of the video is to demonstrate technique only is silly.

The end for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check, me and the other so called detailers that do not use onr or dry wash are unsuccesful and our opinions should not be heard. Guess this means I need to cancel the next two weeks of scheduled appointments because I can`t possibly use, gasp, water. Oh no, that`s right, I almost forgot I don`t agree with you. Soap & water is still the **** in the South. So I guess my final thought would be that this forum obviously worships at the feet of onr and the rest of us nonbelievers are going to hell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never used ONR also....what do you do with really dirty wheels ? I normally use acid ! Thinking about using it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklescarwash
    Check, me and the other so called detailers that do not use onr or dry wash are unsuccesful and our opinions should not be heard. Guess this means I need to cancel the next two weeks of scheduled appointments because I can`t possibly use, gasp, water. Oh no, that`s right, I almost forgot I don`t agree with you. Soap & water is still the **** in the South. So I guess my final thought would be that this forum obviously worships at the feet of onr and the rest of us nonbelievers are going to hell.

What are you talking about? No one is saying anyone HAS to use ONR but that it is unfair to bash a product someone (as in Thomas) never used. If traditional washing works better for you, then go for it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    .....seriously? The sharing of opinions and ideas is one thing but it seems obvious that ThomasC was simply trying to provoke an argument with his sarcastic remarks. The negative posts were a result of his attitude, not because folks like Scottwax and others believe what you assume.

Post Thanks / Like
    The thread is long overdue to be locked, its going nowhere !

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like ONR, use it. If you do not like ONR, do not use it.

The real issue is do not call either dumb since usually the person doing it believes you are implying they are dumb.

This seems like a bait thread.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

This is ridiculous. We have one stubborn troll refusing to actually TRY a product before outright bashing it left and right, and now Sparkles is getting defensive over nothing at all. No one EVER said ONR is the only way to wash a car in the whole 10 painful pages so far. It`s an option for many of us and that`s the end of it. Quit making this thread into something it`s not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check, me and the other so called detailers that do not use onr or dry wash are unsuccesful and our opinions should not be heard...

Hey, I don`t use ONR as a regular wash, and my wash technique is about as water-centric as can be. While some people here probably about the way I do/don`t do my washes, nobody really cares. It`s not like Autopia is some ONR Fansite where somebody`s automatically ostracized or discredited for not liking it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this is getting crazy.Well here is my 2 cents.

I was seriously skeptical about using ONR, but once I tried it I was hooked.

I usually do 1 or 2 reg washes a year. Actually I just finished doing a reg wash with CK carwash. Although the carwash was excellent it was a PIA the reg way with a hose. It`s ONR the rest of the year. I have never had a problem with ONR marring . I actually experimented with a lot of products in an ONR fashion. I used Z6,Z8,Z7 and QS.

I am more confident with ONR though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make it simple If you try ONR and its not for you. Hey move on

If you try it and love it. Great.

IMHO use what works for you, If your a water, and car shampoo guy hey thats great its what does the job for you

If your a ONR guy. And it works for you Hey thats great for you too.

You can talk to a million different car enthusiasts and professional detailers. And you get a million different opinions. and probably a million different products that each one uses.

While no product/method is Perfect, No product/method downright sucks either. Each has their ups and downs.

My opinion is if you didn`t try a product you may have your reason. It dosen`t make it a bad product, It just means you have a better method that works for you.

/End thread

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use ONR almost daily. I also have a hot water pressure washer and a steamer. It`s just a judgment call on which to use. Most cars get ONR, but some "neglected" cars need to be at least pressure rinsed first. ONR won`t flush out debris around moldings and wells in those cases. By carefully choosing your clients, you could very well eliminate the need for a "traditional" wash system. I do think that the persistence of the OP should deem him as a troll, but you other guys need not get your panties in a bunch...common sense will tell anyone that washing is just like anything else. When polishing, you do a test spot with the process you think will work. You need to do that with interiors and washing as well. No process is universal. You can`t traditional wash in some conditions, and ONR may not cut it on neglected cars. I say "neglected" deliberately because it definitely WILL clean an extremely dirty car, just not one that has been abused.

Bottom line: ONR is a fantastic technology that some old timer`s just cannot get their head around. It`s as safe and effective as traditional washing, but in some situations where crevices need to be flushed, you may need a hose.

For further reading, here are two articles by Keven Farrell that do a really good job of explaining the new polymer and steam technologies to traditional washing:

Steam and ?waterless? washing - Can it work and will you be forced to use thisalternative? - Auto Detailing Articles and Tips by Kevin Farrell - Auto Detailing Network - Detail Business Information and Resources

Going green - Is it just the responsible way to go...or possibly a more effective way to*go? - Auto Detailing Articles and Tips by Kevin Farrell - Auto Detailing Network - Detail Business Information and Resources

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting thread. The OP states that a product sucks, then sits back with a smirk and crosses his arms and lets 10 pages of drivel pour out. Of course, he occasionally pokes the bear to keep the party going.

OP: ONR gives me cramps and I hate it. You`re all money hungry trolls if you use it.

Pros/Users: Huh? It`s good stuff...look at how good it works! Here`s a video for proof.

OP: You did that quickly, and left protection behind. You`re the devil.

What a sad, unfortunate waste of bandwidth on an otherwise fantastic site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 15951
    Interesting thread. The OP states that a product sucks, then sits back with a smirk and crosses his arms and lets 10 pages of drivel pour out. Of course, he occasionally pokes the bear to keep the party going.

OP: ONR gives me cramps and I hate it. You`re all money hungry trolls if you use it.

Pros/Users: Huh? It`s good stuff...look at how good it works! Here`s a video for proof.

OP: You did that quickly, and left protection behind. You`re the devil.

What a sad, unfortunate waste of bandwidth on an otherwise fantastic site.

Bwahaha!

Post of the week

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information