Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s cool, but like the other great debates: do you put on socks, then shoes or a sock and a shoe, repeat, or which way does the TP roll, it`s personal choice and what the guy/gal with the cash wants. I`m sure if I tried hard enough I could get that ONR process to be as good or better than the bucket wash/hose, but - like Brandon (a friend and neighbor BTW) says, we`re out in God`s country and have our own wells. I don`t do mobile details. And, as of this year, I`ve raised prices and will not do the cesspools I once did. I`m 50 years old, and although I need this second job, I will not bust my balls anymore just for the sake of a few bucks. I have better things I can do.

Sorry - a little ADD today, must be the weather.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you boys sure can make things personal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC
    Some of you boys sure can make things personal.

I hate everyone in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I hate everyone in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:goodjob..
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I like vanilla ice cream but rocky road is my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR is great.

2-small buckets and warm water.

Works best with a MF bone like what is shown in ScottWax`s youtube vid.

Post Thanks / Like
    So now the consensus is that a video shown on a manufacturers official website somehow does NOT reflect the position of that manufacturer, amazing.

Does any of the ONR remain on the paint surface after wiping?

Post Thanks / Like
    So now the consensus is that a video shown on a manufacturers official website somehow does NOT reflect the position of that manufacturer, amazing.

Are you intentionally trying not to get it? Amazing.

The video on their site is the first ONR video that was made that I know of. It was put on the site to demonstrate the technique and nothing more. It is not meant as a demonstration of the amount of soiling ONR is capable of removing.

I have no idea why you are making such a huge deal out of this unless you have some sort of agenda you aren`t revealing. Personally, I don`t necessarily take what the manufacturer of a product claims over what the people who actually use it say. Everyone says their products are the best, what matters is what the people who pay for and use the products think.

Does any of the ONR remain on the paint surface after wiping?

ONR leaves behind a finish similar to freshly QD`ed paint, so yes the polymers that remove the dirt leave something behind that adds gloss and slickness.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just found the answer to my own question on the Optimum web site;

I quote, `this unique product contains substantive polymers which BOND to the paint and protect it during the wash. Therefore No Rinse Wash and Shine offers greater lubricity and protection than conventional car washes leaving a sleek and glossy finish behind afterwards.`

If this product bonds to and protects the paint during the wash process just how does it allow the dirt to be removed-if ONR bonds to the paint upon application it similarly would have to bond to everything ON the paint.

It appears, to this inquisitive troll anyway, that ONR cannot be used as a final surface prep prior to waxing/sealing as the left over- substantive polymers- would have to be removed, no?

Post Thanks / Like

It appears, to this inquisitive troll anyway, that ONR cannot be used as a final surface prep prior to waxing/sealing as the left over- substantive polymers- would have to be removed, no?

You can wax right over ONR without any negative affect on the durability of the wax or sealant.

Scottwax, is it possible to have a manufacturers `troll`?

Please. The last car I detailed I used products from 5 different companies. I use what I think is going to work the best and no single company has the best product in each category. Am I an 3M troll because I use 3M`s Ultrafina to make sure my customer`s vehicles are swirl free and then talk about it online? Am I am Armor All troll because I defend it against those who still think it is petroleum based? Am I a Nissan troll because whenever someone mentions wanting a good used car in the $8-10k range I suggest a 2002-3 Nissan Maxima and list off the attributes like the large interior, big trunk, VQ35 engine and standard HID lights?

However, I won`t let a product that I know works well, along with a company that has been striving to continually refine and improve their products be unfairly attacked by someone who hasn`t even used their products and keeps focusing on the video on the website while ignoring all the other videos out there on youtube which show the true soil removal capabilities of ONR.

Based on this thread and your inability to get past that, it appears if anyone has an agenda, it`s you.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Troll conclusion:

Thanks but not thanks. If pure profits are what motivates you then ONR will make you more money by reducing the time needed to do your detail.

And, the fact that Optimum does NOT use a dirty car in the video on the OFFICIAL Company website does, to any logically thinking person, indicate a lack of confidence in the product.

To maintain that the purpose of the video is to demonstrate technique only is silly.

The end for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like to do a quick spray of wheel wells and lower body panels if there is a lot of dirt. I could probably do it with ONR but I would have to be more careful (more presoaking), getting a lot more mf towels get dirty and slowing the ONR process down. I do wheels, wells, and tires last and often using an APC and ONR since more the rinse agent rather than the cleaner since I want to strip dressings (soap and ONR are not as effective).

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Troll conclusion:

Thanks but not thanks. If pure profits are what motivates you then ONR will make you more money by reducing the time needed to do your detail.

And, the fact that Optimum does NOT use a dirty car in the video on the OFFICIAL Company website does, to any logically thinking person, indicate a lack of confidence in the product.

To maintain that the purpose of the video is to demonstrate technique only is silly.

The end for me.

Are you really that dumb? :sosad
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Troll conclusion:

The end for me.

If you do a search for ONR on these forums you will find a lot of people that like ONR and use it to clean dirty cars. I doubt you will though, as it seems you had your mind made up when you started this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey ThomasC, you are a tough and brave guy. You had the courage to tell everyone on a forum that Chapter ONR is ended for you before it even started. Wow.

I`d suggest you to do a quality video with a really dirty car attacked by ONR, and be featured on the OFFICIAL website of Optimum. How`s that?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information