Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I mean yeah, ONR has saved me tons of times where I dont have access to water. It really is a great product.

All I am saying is, if I were a customer and I pulled up to a detailer washing my muddy truck with a no-rinse product, he would be asked to leave.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you`re talking about man - but still, it is doable. Luckily, I love to use the PW, the foam gun and rich, foamy shampoos.

Post Thanks / Like
    With the exception of the dump truck, I didn`t see anything ONR couldn`t work on if done right.

Easier to break out the hose, well if you consider the setup time for your water reclamation system, and you are using one because its federal law, right? And you don`t have hard water or high levels of other things in your water supply, then sure you can break out the hose.

Cars around here look like hell after the winter here in Wisconsin and ONR cleans them up with no hose needed.

If you don`t want to use ONR, that`s your choice, but calling it dumb doesn`t reflect well on you.

The way I use ONR works for me, if it doesn`t work for you so be it. :hairpull
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Different strokes for different folks, and I never called it dumb.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklescarwash
    I got in a debait about dry washing brandon 1

ONR is NOT dry washing. It is rinseless, huge difference.

Obviously, those who live in areas where vehicles get muddy don`t have much choice but to use a hose but those of us who live in areas where muddy vehicles are not the norm have no problems using ONR in the vast majority of cases.

Where those of you who have to deal with extra filthy vehicles may find ONR beneficial is for washing cars after compounding. Saves a lot of time not having to drag out the hose, spray the car down, etc when you can just go around it once with ONR.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    ONR is NOT dry washing. It is rinseless, huge difference...

Absolutely. But sparklescarwash doesn`t know it yet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    Come ONR these, If you dont use a hose I will pay for your trip down.

Sorry, but that is a crappy argument. Someone might be inclined to take you up on it to prove you wrong.

I will certainly agree that ONR in those cases is not time effective. Anytime you have dirt that can be picked of the car with your fingers, you will end up wasting your time if you don`t use a pressure washer, at that point, even a garden hose is a waste of time.

This thread reminds me of several other threads where a product gets poo-pooed because it doesn`t work in all situations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklescarwash
    I got in a debait about dry washing brandon 1 I do a lot of cars and trucks like yours ther is no way u can onr cars like that. let me gus u guys onr greasy engines to u have to have a pressure washer to get motors fender wells clean your fingers can not get into the thight spots like water does. nor can onr produce pressure. I will say it again 2 shops side by side one says car wash the outher says dry wash I know the one i going to.What ever u want to call it it is still dry washing. dude be for real I will promis u can not clean farmer jon dirty truck properly with onr no way possible onr will not go through 1 inch of mud.I do not think my custmers 100,dollar bmw would want me to DRY wash his car. Ther is a reason they still sell soap.I mean relly it does not take that long to hand wash a car anyway.

Since when is ONR dry washing? It seems pretty wet to me.

ONR is not the solution for everything. But Ive found that there are very few vehicles that I cannot wash with ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    those of you who ...[don`t use ONR for regular washes]...may find ONR beneficial is for washing cars after compounding...

Oh yeah, absolutely. Even I use ONR for that. Works great as long as you don`t let compound get built up in inaccessible areas where you`d have to flush it out with a lot of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried ONR over the winter just cause... Kinda hard to go through the hassle of dragging out a hose,, and freezing my butt off. spraying water all over the place.

And I was definitley not going to a coin operated. we`ll remove parts from you car for you wash.

For the most part ONR is a good wash. It has its limitations like everything though. I am getting ready to do my "spring cleaning" and i am gonna give ONR a shot as my weekly wash. I am sure if your car is maintained and you don`t have large hunks of crust and mud all over it. It will be a time saver and a valuable tool to the detail bucket.

My 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used ONR a few times over the winter and while I`m pretty sure I have not left any swirls or marring using it, there is one thing that worries me.

my drying towel is never completely clean after wiping off the ONR.

it doesn`t get heavily stained but there is a noticeable gray/dingy tinge.

I`ve noticed that when I`m using the ONR i get small beads of grey wash on the car surface.

That`s obviously whats making the drying towel dirty.

Not sure if I`m doing something wrong here.

I use a 2BM with a lowe`s GS. And if the car is dirtier than usual I presoak with a sprayer of ONR solution.

for now I def have more peace of mind when I`m able to get out the hose and foam gun etc. But I def love the ONR for winter maintenance.
    2015 Audi Q5

Post Thanks / Like
    The drying towels should stay absolutely clean.

How many times do you wash a panel?

Ideally: prespray/wait a bit/wash/flip the mitt, wash again/rinse mitt/wash again/flip again/dry

It is beneficial to extend the washed areas into the surrounding panels just to ensure a clean surface when you drying it. So when you wash a front door, wash about 5 inches from the front fender and the rear door. As hand movements are not controlled well, your towel might have picked up dirt from an untouched area. By enlarging it, you can safely dry your primary target.

Lift more water and/or be more thorough when washing trim, brightwork, etc., because dirt can and will hide in the small crevices. Don`t let the towel touch the ground accidentally when drying the lower parts of the doors, sills, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make sure to wash all surrounding areas when I do a panel so I`m pretty sure it`s not that.

It probably is because I just do one pass with the sponge before going to dry.

I`ll have to try making a second pass before drying to see if it sops up the dirty beads and leaves only clean solution behind.

Although now that it`s warmer I`ll be breaking out the hose (say what you want, I just find a conventional wash to be very therapeutic haha).
    2015 Audi Q5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    The drying towels should stay absolutely clean.

How many times do you wash a panel?

Ideally: prespray/wait a bit/wash/flip the mitt, wash again/rinse mitt/wash again/flip again/dry

I agree, the towel should be clean. I use white WW when I was with ONR. I usually:

-Pretreat with double wash concentration using a garden sprayer

-Get my supplies all in order while waiting for the above to soak a bit

-Using sheepskin, wash a single panel (1/2 hood/trunk/roof), flip the mitt 1/2 way during the first pass, and grab a second mitt for the second and final pass, also flipping it.

-I usually dry the car, 1/2 car at a time, not individual panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uberyk
    ...I just do one pass with the sponge before going to dry...

THAT`S THE KEY information!!!

As you can read in the more substantial, exhaustive ONR threads, I repeat again and again that you have to wash the panels until they become clean.

Somehow people think that they wash the panel once and done. But why? I don`t do this even when I wash with the foamiest foams, armed with power washers, lances, guns...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information