Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, can you post some 50/50 shots of ONR. I saw you post them somewhere on here but just couldnt find them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC
    But then not too long ago I thought clay was dumb also; help me out here guys, what up with this stuff and the -waterless- products.

If Billy were still with us would he be pitching these products??

Not only does it work great, it is easier
    Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter
    Scottwax, can you post some 50/50 shots of ONR. I saw you post them somewhere on here but just couldnt find them.

Just look here: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ve-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be getting some soon, I figure even if I don`t like it, it makes a **** ton of QD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC
    Well all I can say is that if the people who make the stuff don`t trust it, I won`t trust it;

wdp`s only -(water dependent products, yuk, yuk, sort of like that)

If you have not seen the video on the Optimum website you really should take the time to look at it.

The owner of Optimum washes his Titan and his wife`s ML430 with ONR and seals them with Opti-Seal. Obviously, he trusts it. He didn`t make the video, Anthony Orosco (a detailer in San Antonio) made the video.

I trust it too, wouldn`t use it on my own car or my customer`s cars if I didn`t. You don`t have to trust it, you don`t have to use it. No one is making you.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    I doubt I`d use a hose, it be more likely to break out a steamer.

Come ONR these, If you dont use a hose I will pay for your trip down.

Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR doesn`t work for me. This is one of the CLEANEST cars I`ve seen in a long time. Most cars have about twice to three times the amount of mud on them, which isn`t even exactly mud, it`s dirt and sand caked on the vehicle from the sand and gravel they drop on the roads in the wintertime.

... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    I love ONR. I use it on all of my routine washes, in all seasons.

Only time I don`t use ONR is when I have a car looks like the non-typical dirt nuggets that member "WAS" deals with, or when I intend to do a complete detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand hw people are using ONR on vechiles that were posted in similar condition above???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter
    I dont understand hw people are using ONR on vechiles that were posted in similar condition above???

You cant, plain and simple. You must do a pre-wash to get rid of the caked on mud/dirt, and by that point, you just do a normal water wash.

And BTW- that white Chevy up above, that isnt mud, thats cow sh!t. Try ONR`ing that.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I`d prewash them with a pressure washer under the trim line to remove the really thick scum - they are indeed washable with ONR only.

You have to presoak the mud really well to soften them up, use very thick mitts (a couple of them), very soft grout sponges, lots of ONR. Use a big garden sprayer to presoak. Lift lots of water to the muddy area and start wash gently. Move the mitt/sponge only in one direction (downwards). Never move it upwards again to prevent the grit scratching the relatively cleaner parts. Flip the mitt/sponge to expose a clean side, and move it downwards gently again. Rinse under running water, or rub against a grit guard to dislodge the rough particles from the fibers. Change mitts as necessary. Repeat again and again.

Grout sponges will rinse very clean, mitts will become gray as the ONR binds the really small floating particles into them.

The objective is to target and wear/melt away the thick muddy layer. If the car has grass, leaves stuck behind its wheelwells, use a grout sponge as you won`t be able to rinse the "veggies" from the mitts - especially MF!

The remaining parts of the body are washed normally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    Although I`d prewash them with a pressure washer under the trim line to remove the really thick scum - they are indeed washable with ONR only.

You have to presoak the mud really well to soften them up, use very thick mitts (a couple of them), very soft grout sponges, lots of ONR. Use a big garden sprayer to presoak. Lift lots of water to the muddy area and start wash gently. Move the mitt/sponge only in one direction (downwards). Never move it upwards again to prevent the grit scratching the relatively cleaner parts. Flip the mitt/sponge to expose a clean side, and move it downwards gently again. Rinse under running water, or rub against a grit guard to dislodge the rough particles from the fibers. Change mitts as necessary. Repeat again and again.

Grout sponges will rinse very clean, mitts will become gray as the ONR binds the really small floating particles into them.

The objective is to target and wear/melt away the thick muddy layer. If the car has grass, leaves stuck behind its wheelwells, use a grout sponge as you won`t be able to rinse the "veggies" from the mitts - especially MF!

The remaining parts of the body are washed normally.

Sounds easier to use a hose.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I got in a debait about dry washing brandon 1 I do a lot of cars and trucks like yours ther is no way u can onr cars like that. let me gus u guys onr greasy engines to u have to have a pressure washer to get motors fender wells clean your fingers can not get into the thight spots like water does. nor can onr produce pressure. I will say it again 2 shops side by side one says car wash the outher says dry wash I know the one i going to.What ever u want to call it it is still dry washing. dude be for real I will promis u can not clean farmer jon dirty truck properly with onr no way possible onr will not go through 1 inch of mud.I do not think my custmers 100,dollar bmw would want me to DRY wash his car. Ther is a reason they still sell soap.I mean relly it does not take that long to hand wash a car anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon, yes, definitely, but you can encounter stupid situations when you don`t have access to a hose/PW... I had to wash an SUV on the runway of an airport for photoshooting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    Come ONR these, If you dont use a hose I will pay for your trip down.

ONR wont cut that, you most likely need one of these........

Liebherr digger washes car Video
    David M. Sylican

Innovative Detailing

Headlight Lens Restoral

O.C. California

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information